8

This chapter is loNg

🕸️

"Who" Peter shoves Tony away "the fuck" he takes a few deep breaths. "is Peter?"

"Oh god." Tony breathes out and starts backing away slowly. "Peter, it's me, Tony, Ironman, your mentor." Peter doesn't look like he knows him. "Please, Peter. Underoos, come on." Tony looks up at the ceiling as he says it, not noticing that Peter has stopped walking. When he looks back towards Peter, he stops walking as well. "Peter?"

"No, no, no." Tony looks at Peter, who now is looking down, head in his hands, confused.

"Guys, I've gotten him calmed down, I don't know for how long, you should probably hurry." Tony says into the com.

"I'm going to press the button in a minute, we've got to deal with these guys here first!" Sam quickly says into the com in the middle of the fight. (I forgot that I put Rhodey and Sam here as well, so just pretend like I didn't forget and I mentioned them throughout this okay)

"Tony, you should keep talking to him using whatever words made him calm down, that could help!" Steve quickly says, before throwing his shield at some agent running towards him with a knife. Tony agrees.

That doctor is nowhere to be seen and it's worrying them all. God knows what he could turn into. A rodent that bites and has rabies? The next Ultron?

"Alright, Underoos." Tony starts to talk to him again, using that nickname because that seemed to be what made him calm down. "It's okay, its Tony here, nobody else, okay? Just you and me buddy. Nobody is going to hurt yo-" That makes Peter punch Tony straight in the stomach.

"My mission is to end you, and that's what I will do, no matter what you call me." Peter is about to punch Tony again when suddenly he falls to the ground, limp.

"Uh, Steve?" Tony questions, cautiously moving towards the boy.

"I thought that was supposed to remove the glass... Guess I was wrong." Rhodey quickly rushes over and presses a different button that clearly states underneath it: 'glass wall', and it removes the glass wall. As soon as its gone, Bruce rushes over to Peter to make sure he's not dead.

When everybody gets over to Peter and they find out that Steve had just sent an electric shock through him, Steve alerts Fury and takes the barricades off the door and windows with another press of a button. It takes a while for Fury to arrive with a new ship, but when he does, it has a place to strap Peter onto, in case he should wake up.

🕸️

Peter is now in an interrogation room, awake, and although he is now completely calm, he is strapped into a chair with metal, and inside a box. In the room with him, sitting behind a desk, is a SHIELD agent, asking him questions.

"Tell me, Peter, you've seen a great deal haven't you?"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"You feel that, if you open your mouth, the horrors may never stop." pause. "Don't worry. We will only have to talk about one." the power goes out.

"What the hell is this?"

"Why don't we discuss your home... Not Queens... Certainly not Sokovia, no... I mean, your real home." the agent takes off his glasses, and grabs a red book with a star on the cover. Peter recognises it almost instantly. The man stands up, turns on a flashlight, and looks for the right page in the book. "желание (longing)..."

"No.." Peter throws his head back.

"ржавый (rusted)..."

"Stop." Peter begs. Before the man can say anymore, the lights turn back on, and upon seeing from the cameras what the man was trying to do, Tony rushes into the interrogation room.

The man turns around, drops the book and the flashlight. "No! No! This was supposed to succeed! No!" the man starts to run but is shot by somebody from behind Tony. He quickly rushes over to the man and grabs him by the collar of his shirt.

"Who are you?" the man stays silent. "I said, who are you!?"

"Hail-" cough. "Hail HYDRA." after saying that, the man falls limp, dead.

"Shit." Tony throws him to the ground and turns to face Peter. A bunch of agents are surrounding him, doing whatever they have to do to make him forget anything the man had said. "This could have turned out just like it did with Bucky!"

"But it didn't. And that's the good thing." Steve walks over to Tony. "He's going to be fine. Soon he won't even remember being captured by HYDRA."

"But he has the arm." Tony turns around to face Steve. "You know it firsthand how Bucky frowns whenever he glances down at his hand, it brings back the memories."

"But Bucky was at HYDRA for more than 50 years, Peter was for just over a month."

"Yeah, about that, how did they brainwash him that quickly?" Tony folds his arms and looks up at Steve.

"It's HYDRA. We don't know almost anything about them. They're like a big mystery to us." Tony turns back around towards Peter and stands beside Steve. "He's so young." Tony turns his head. "I read through the information Clint and Nat collected from Peters classmates." Steve turns to Tony and Tony puts his head down. "He's only 16, Tony. 16! And he went through all this?" Steve looks down at the ground. "It's going to be so hard for him to recover fully." Tony looks up at Steve again.

"Wait, you aren't mad that I brought a 16- 15-year-old at the time to fight with you guys in Germany?" Steve glances up at Tony.

"No. He's a great kid. He talks a bit too much when he fights, but he seems nice. The others might not be so happy about his age." The two turn around and walk out of the room.

"You know, he was supposed to join the Avengers, but he refused." Tony tells Steve as they enter the elevator.

"What?" Steve chuckles and presses the button to the 41st floor.

"Yeah. He asked me if that was a test and I had to answer that 'yeah this was a test and there aren't actually reporters behind that door.' even though there were, and him refusing was one of the main reasons I proposed to Pepper that day."

"Wow. I look forward to meeting the actual thing." Tony looks at Steve weirdly. "Not the weird, brainwashed one."

"Ah." Tony nods.

🕸️

I could end this book here, but I probably won't. I still want the Avengers to meet the normal Peter and stuff, although the original plot for this story would end here. The main question though is whether you guys want for me to keep writing this or nah

Also, the part where Peter is interrogated, I took the text from the scene where the same thing is happening to Bucky in Civil War, and the text is pretty much the same except for a few words, im so original

This chapter is way too long for my liking.

1130 words