|23|

Brendon started to stir, so I walked over to him and bent down, looking him in the eyes.

"You're an asshole. You killed my family. You killed my classmates. You killed my math teacher. What next? Kill off every person I met and leave me to suffer? Why do you hate me so much?" I questioned. Slowly, he propped himself on his elbows and rubbed his head.

"Who are you? What are you talking about?" He groaned while feeling for a bump on his forehead. I knit my eyebrows.

"Why does my head hurt so much?" I leaned forward and tilted my head.

"Brendon, what are you talking about?" He reached his hand out for me and I helped him up. Then, out of the blue, I was engulfed in a huge hug. My breathing hitched as Brendon squeezed me.

"What did you mean who am I? I'm Faelecia, you-" Sarah shushed me and slowly pulled me away from the hug. Brendon knit his eyebrows and looked at his clothes all funny.

"Faelecia, I think he lost his memory," she whispered, resulting in my jaw dropping.

"The second baseball bat to the head must have done it. But the question is, how much did he forget?" We both turned to look at Brendon, who waved at us and smiled. Sarah walked up to him and smiled.

"Brendon... do you remember me?" She asked. Brendon looked at her and then placed his hands on her waist.

"Is it really you, Sarah?" She nodded and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Wait, who is that?" He pointed at me. Sarah leaned in and whispered something to him. Brendon's eyes lit up and he hugged her tightly. That was quickly broken when we heard banging upstairs.

"Police! Open up!" They yelled. I looked at Sarah worriedly and opened up the basement door.

"Hello?" She peeked her head out and the police came running up to her.

"Ma'am, we got a call here that there was a criminal who was knocked unconscious." Sarah's eyes widened and she shook her head no.

"I'm sorry sir, but there's no one here. It must have been a prank call." She shrugged. The police officer looked inside the room and nodded, watching as I smiled at Brendon and placed my hand in his.

"We're just a normal family," Sarah said, and at that moment I could feel Brendon's hand tense up.

"Alright, sorry to interrupt ma'am." He walked out and Sarah sighed with relief once the front door closed.

"Why were the police here?" Brendon asked, pointing to the door. I shrugged and looked at Sarah.

"You know, it was a prank call." I lied, walking up to Sarah.

"So, what you said was true. I remembered it!" Brendon cheered. Sarah looked at him and smiled, but started biting her nails.

"What's true? I'm so confused." I said, sitting down on the chair and rubbing my temples. Brendon bent down in front of me and grabbed onto my hands.

"You're m-" Sarah shushed him and gave him a hard gaze.

"She doesn't know and she doesn't need to know," Sarah said sternly, bending down to be the same size as Brendon.

"C'mon! Tell me!" I whined. Brendon chuckled and planted a kiss on my cheek. My eyes widened and I looked at Sarah, who was flushed, yet again. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing would come out.

"Why are we down here anyway? It's cold and wet." Brendon said, opening the door and gasping.

"And why are there knives and guns out here?" He held onto the door and looked back at us with parted lips.

"Guys?" I looked at Sarah and walked up to Brendon.

"Those are fake, pretend guns. And we have cooking knives down here. I don't even remember how they got here." Brendon nodded slowly and started to pick them up. I gave Sarah a worried look and watched as Brendon pointed the gun at me. My eyes widened and my stomach formed into a knot.

"Ha, I'm just kidding." He threw the gun on the floor and walked upstairs with the knives. My legs went wobbly and Sarah had to keep me up.

"Oh my god, what if he gets his memory back and then kills us?" I asked worriedly. Sarah grabbed onto my shoulders and looked at me with hard eyes.

"Well, then we lie and tell him that it was a dream or something. Faelecia, we've finally got a normal, non-psycho Brendon." I nodded and gulped, walking upstairs. Brendon sighed and looked at the house.

"This place is absolutely beautiful!" Brendon exclaimed, walking around and examining everything.

"Yeah, well you should remember that considering you moved us to Italy and bought it," I said, shrugging my shoulders. Brendon nodded and started to go upstairs.

"Wait! Brendon, why don't you stay down here and watch the Office with me for a bit?" I suggested. He nodded and knit his eyebrows, walking over to me.

"Why do you keep on calling me Brendon, you should be calling me-" Sarah cupped her hand over his mouth and laughed nervously.

"Brendon... shh!" She said, half-jokingly and half-serious. Brendon sighed and kissed Sarah's cheek, smiling.

"Fine, but only because you're too goddamn beautiful to say no to!" He took Sarah's hand and started stroking his thumb over her knuckles, smoothly.

"Wow, it seems your finger is missing a certain ring." He chuckled. I knit my eyebrows and looked at Sarah like she was crazy.

"What's going on?" I mouthed. She sighed and rubbed Brendon's back.

"Okay, Faelecia, this is obviously gonna come out-"

"That's what she said!" I interjected. Brendon laughed and high fived me.

"That was great! Michael Scott right here!" I smiled and looked back at Sarah. She flared her nostrils and rolled her eyes. I looked down apologetically and played with my fingernails.

"Okay, you know what, I think it's best that Brendon tells you." She threw her hands up in surrender and I eyed her.

"Tell her the thing you didn't want me to tell her?" Brendon questioned. My stomach churned. I was expecting them to tell me that they were a duo and are gonna kill me right now.

"You know what! To hell! You both are so oblivious! Like father- like daughter, I guess!"