Forty One

Demi

Liked by sirahsays, nickjonas and 2,194,104 othersddlovato eviction notice has been served baby Jonas👶🏻View all 14,274 commentsdiannadelagarza hurry up little one🙊 you have a very impatient grandma❤️❤️           maddelagarza and two very impati...

ddlovato eviction notice has been served baby Jonas👶🏻
View all 14,274 comments
diannadelagarza hurry up little one🙊 you have a very impatient grandma❤️❤️
maddelagarza and two very impatient aunties😂

"Hi Momma" I tiredly smiled as I pulled open the front door to reveal my mom who stood on my front porch with a suitcase on the floor in front of her. She's coming to stay until baby Jonas makes his arrival. I don't think I could do any of this without my mom. I know I have Nick but my mom has been through childbirth 3 times before, she understands it.

"Hi Baby Girl, how are you holding up?" I stepped out of the way, allowing her to step into the house where she started to fuss Batman and Ella.

"I'm so tired. My whole body aches."

"You felt any twinges or anything?" I shook my head as I ran my fingers through my hair before turning towards the living room, mom following along behind me. "Baby's don't usually come on their due date, I'm afraid to say. Do you have an appointment today?" I nodded as I gently lowered myself down onto the couch, sighing as I allowed myself to relax.

"Yeah" mom ran her fingers through my hair as she settled herself on the arm of the couch beside me. "It's at 2 so Nick's getting here for about 1" she nodded as she leant to press a kiss to the top of my head.

"I'll stay and look after my first gorgeous grand-babies" mom stated as she started to fuss Batman.

"Thank you for coming, Mom. I don't think I could do any of this without you" she shook her head as she glanced at me with a small smile, taking a hold of my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. "Were you scared before you had Dallas?" my eyes searched mom's as she tightened her hand around mine and lifted it up to press a gentle kiss to the back of it.

"It's normal to be scared, Baby. Of course, I was scared before I had Dallas, but luckily I grew up with younger siblings so I knew the basic routine, but I'd obviously never given birth before. I didn't know how much it would hurt" the good thing about mom is that she's always honest with me. She never holds anything back.

"How much does it hurt?" mom softly laughed.

"Oh, Baby Girl" I glanced down at my lap, biting down on my lip as I began to play with my fingers. "It hurts, Baby. I'm not gonna lie to you or sugarcoat it. I wish somebody would have told me how much it hurts" she stroked a strand of hair behind my ear as I glanced up at her. "The moment that your eyes land on your beautiful little baby, you forget about all the pain" I leant myself into mom, my head nuzzled in her side as she pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

"Will you be in-in the delivery room?"

"If you want me in there, Baby" I nodded and snuggled myself more into her until I found myself slowly falling to sleep, the exhaustion slowly taking over.

-

"I'm gonna feel bad for waking her but..." I slowly groaned which caused Nick to stop mid-sentence. "Hi, Sleeping Beauty" I lifted my hand to rub at my eyes, wincing slightly at the ache in my back.

"This couch is not comfy. I need to invest in a new one."

"We have our appointment, Dems. We need to go and check on little Jonas" Nick's hand lowered onto my stomach as I rubbed at my eyes.

"He hasn't actually been moving much today, do you think something might be wrong?"

"There's a chance he's just getting ready to come, you've got an appointment though so just ask if you're concerned" I nodded and sent mom a smile as Nick leant to press a kiss to my forehead. We have been overly affectionate towards each other over the last few weeks but neither of us have mentioned it out of fear that it'll be awkward.

"Help me up?" Nick chuckled as he took a hold of my hands and helped me to sit up on the couch, my hand flying to my back as I whimpered.

"You okay?" I nodded, looking up at him with a forced smile.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go and get changed" I pushed myself up from the couch, my hand pressed into my lower back as I wondered towards the stairs, taking the steps one at a time. It had to have taken me longer than a minute to get up the stairs. I found myself wondering towards my bedroom, but I took a detour and headed into the room opposite. "This is gonna be your nursery, Baby Boy" I spoke down to my belly as I glanced around the decorated nursery. "You'll obviously sleep with mommy for the first few months but then this will be your room" I smiled when I felt a forceful kick. My hands remained on my stomach, the silence falling around me as I stared around my unborn sons' nursery. I jumped from my dream of the future when I felt hands on either side of my waist. "Shit Nick" he chuckled, his breath hit against my ear which caused my whole body to tingle, the surface of my skin covered itself in goosebumps.

"I thought you were supposed to be getting dressed?" I shrugged, leaning back slightly into Nick as he caressed my belly where baby was softly kicking.

"I was but I got side-tracked by our son's nursery" I could feel the ache growing in my lower back and I whimpered in pain.

"Is it your back, Dems?" I nodded, biting down on my lip as Nick began to dig his fingers into my back. "Come on, let's get dressed so we can get to the appointment. I'll run you a bath when we get home" I allowed Nick to lead me from the room, his hand settled on my lower back.

——