Two

Nick

Me: Hi Dem. I'm sorry about everything. I miss you and the fun times we used to have! Is there any chance we could meet up? x

I locked my phone and dropped it down onto the counter, bringing my mug of coffee up to my lips so I could take a sip. I don't expect a reply. I wish we'd never dated. I wish we hadn't ruined the friendship. It broke my heart to end the relationship that I'd been dreaming about since the moment that we met, since the moment I first stared into those beautiful brown eyes. I just couldn't seem to ignore the fear of us completely ruining our friendship. I never thought she had feelings for me, the songs she released in her recent album 'Tell Me You Love Me' were the confirmation that I needed to finally pursue something that I now wished I hadn't. I now fear that we will never have that close friendship I once cherished so much.

"Hi Baby" I smiled as I turned to Jess as she stepped into the kitchen, wearing only the shirt that I had been wearing last night. I don't have a reason for moving on so fast, but I wish I did.

"Hi Gorgeous. You want a coffee?" I lowered my mug onto the counter, our eyes locking as she stepped up to me, her hand brushing along my arm.

"Nope. I'll just steal some of yours" she took my mug and brought it up to her lips, her eyes remained locked on mine as she slowly took a sip. I circled my arms around her waist and pulled her into my chest, pulling her to stand between my knees. "You have any plans today?" I shook my head as I looked up at her, stroking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm meeting Joe later but I'm free for the morning. You have any ideas of what we could do to pass the time?" a smirk formed on my face which she mirrored as she lowered the mug down onto the counter and lightly cupped my face in her soft hands.

"I have a few ideas" she squealed as I wrapped my arms tighter around her waist and lifted her onto the counter. I pulled her tightly into me as our lips crashed together.

 I pulled her tightly into me as our lips crashed together

-

"You spoke to Demi recently?" Joe leant forward on the table, his hands linked together and rested beneath his chin.

"No, I tried to reach out this morning but she hasn't replied yet" I pressed on the home button of my iPhone just to check whether I'd received a message but the screen showed blank. I couldn't help but to smile though at the lock screen of me and my precious niece, Valentina. Nobody has made me smile more than that little girl, well other than Demi.

"You think she's ignoring you?" I chuckled slightly as I looked back up at Joe, allowing my phone to lock itself.

"I don't blame her to be fair, but it'd be nice to know if she is. Nobody can blame me for being worried about her though, she is and will always be my best friend."

"I could try and reach out if you want? I haven't done anything to piss her off" I rolled my eyes at his smirk. "Why did you break her heart anyway? You've been in love with her since the moment we met her at that party when you were 14?" I sighed and leant on the counter, sliding my fingers through my hair as I briefly glanced around the bar.

"I was scared of ruining our friendship. Can you also remember the time that you dated her? Your friendship fell apart after that" he sent me a sympathetic smile, lifting up his phone that vibrated on the table.

"Well, she isn't ignoring me" I rolled my eyes as he unlocked his phone and slid it across the table so that I could read the message. "And we eventually gained our friendship back, didn't we?" I just sighed, glancing down at his phone.

Joe: Hi D. How are you doing? Xx

Demi: Hey Joseph! I'm decent, how are you? How are the wedding plans coming along? x

"It's nice to know she's just ignoring me" I slid the phone back towards Joe with a sigh, taking a swig of my beer. "I really can't blame her though to be fair. I did break her heart."

Why did I have to pursue a relationship with her in the first place? Why couldn't I have just settled for being her best friend? We were fine before I ruined everything.

——