Eighteen

Nick

Demi: Hi daddy

Demi: Hi daddy. I'm 15 weeks and I've been giving mommy a bit of a hard time with nose bleeds and heartburn! It's nothing she can't handle though so you don't need to worry. Thankfully mommy can still hide me but her tour outfits are becoming a little tight. Here's your weekly photo to keep you updated, photo cred to Auntie Kelsey. I love you so much already, love Squid xx

I chuckled as I read the message. I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't stop myself from smiling. The pregnancy rumours are still circulating but thankfully neither Demi nor I have had any interviews, neither of us have been asked that particular question. Paparazzi have screamed at me whenever I'm out, but I've always ignored their questions, so it's nothing new.

"What are you smiling at?" Danielle lowered herself down beside me on the couch and I turned my phone so that she could see the message from Demi. "That's adorable. I love that you two are getting along okay."

"Yeah, we're best friends and I don't think anything could break that bond. I don't even think me breaking her heart could break that bond" I brought my lips into a thin lined smile as I continued to stare down at my phone, memorising every little detail of the photo.

"You still won't admit that you're in love with her, huh?"

"It's not that I won't admit it, Dani" I sighed with a roll of my eyes, glancing down at my phone. "We're best friends and I think that's all we're meant to be, I don't think we're meant to be anything more" it was now her turn to roll her eyes as she leant back against the couch, our attention turned to Alena and Valentina who were playing dress up.

"That doesn't mean you can't be in love with her. That doesn't mean that you can't be happy together."

"I never said that we wouldn't be happy together. The three months that we were together were the best 3 months I've ever had while in a relationship, but I don't want her to think...she's pregnant with my baby, Dani, I don't want her to think that I'm with her just because of that and I don't want to lose her, if we break up again, I may lose her for good."

"I understand that, Nick, but if you love her so much, why are you letting her go? You could have the most amazing relationship, you could be together forever, you could get married and have more adorable children. Why are you focusing on the negative what ifs and not the positives?" I sighed, staring down at my hands as I thought over her words. Maybe she's right. Maybe I'm scared for nothing.

-

I kept my eyes down on the baby book that I'd purchased from amazon the day after I'd found out Demi was pregnant. I want to understand everything that's happening. I want to be involved as much possible. I pulled my eyes from my book as a knock sounded on the front door. I lowered the book onto the coffee table before I stood and wondered towards the door, pulling it open to reveal Joe.

"You fancy going out tonight?" I moved out of his way as he stepped straight into my apartment.

"Hello, Brother. It's nice to see you. What do I owe the pleasure?" Joe rolled his eyes as he turned to face me while I closed the front door.

"I'm a little stressed. You fancy going out tonight?"

"And what makes you think I don't have plans?" I crossed my arms over my chest and raised an eyebrow.

"Because Demi's in Europe" I rolled my eyes at his smirk.

"I have other friends, ya know?"

"Please, Nick. I need a break from wedding planning. It's driving me insane" I began into the living room, Joe followed behind me, continuing to plead with me.

"Joe you're getting married in September" I dropped down onto the couch, grabbing the baby book off the coffee table and pulling it onto my lap.

"I know and I thought everything was sorted but according to Sophie, it isn't" he dropped down onto the couch beside me. "Anyway, less about me. What are you reading?" I closed the book so he could see the title.

"I'm just reading up on pregnancy and babies."

"Aww, aren't you sweet" he ruffled his fingers through my hair.

"Joe, stop" I shoved his arm away which thankfully caused him to drop his hand. "I want to know everything that Demi's experiencing. I want to understand whether it's good or bad. I'm not there for her all the time. I want to know what my baby is doing this week" I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"When are you going back to Cali?" I shrugged my shoulders as I turned to him.

"Next week possibly" I opened the book to the page that I was reading before I was rudely interrupted by Joe.

"Please will you come out tonight? I need some quality bro time before we both get tied down with marriage and kids."

"Joe, we're still gonna have time for each other. I mean, you're my brother" he nodded but I could tell this was having some sort of negative effect on him. "Okay, if it makes you feel better, I will come out with you tonight" the smile that took over his face made me feel good. I hate disappointing Joe.

——