Part 8

"Oh no, Naira.." He suddenly shouted looking at his phone while we were standing on the traffic lights heading back home. "What?" I asked. "Vo actually, main tumhe btana bhul gya.. tumhe kya main khud hi bhul gya hme aaj raat ko mere friend ki shaadi k function mein jaana hai" He told me. "Arre to itna panic kyun ho rhe ho.. Shaadi raat ko hai... Abhi thodi na...araam se ready hoke chle jayenge" I tell him casually. "Arre haan ye to Maine socha hi nhi.." He says and my mind suddenly stucks with a thought. It's the right time to gift him what I had bought for him absent mindedly a few months ago while shopping in a mall. It was just my eyes moved to a Kurta and I couldn't stop imagining how handsome my kartik would look in that. I bought it out of the blue maybe with a hope in my heart that some day, some day he would be there in
front of my eyes and I would see him in that outfit. I smiled to the fullest until we reached home and my happiness had no bounds when he took out a packet from the cupboard and handed it to me. It was a dress. "Vo... Vo I got it for you one day. I saw this in a mall and I knew this dress was made for you only. Mere Dil ne mujhse kha k kbhi to tum mujhe vaapis milogi. I cannot wait to see you wearing this. Will you, will you get ready for me the way you used to do... Jaise pehle hoti thi" I notice a bit of hesitation in his voice. Actually, hesitation would be the wrong word, Some nervousness it is. I smile, thousands of butterflies conquering my stomach to the fact that I will get ready for my Kartik after 2 years. My emotions took over me as I look over the blue dress. My eyes welled up with tears as I looked at him and the dress lovingly. I got this moment after so long. Earlier he always used to get a dress for me at every occasion but last two years. "Kya hua Naira, tum roo kyun rhi ho.. tumhe dress psnd nhi Aya.. Dekho nhi psnd Aaya it's ok.. will get a new one.. but tum plzz roo.." He began in a panicked tone. I place a finger on his lip. "Shh.. Kitna bolte ho tum" I say him to be quite. "Kartik apni Naira k liye kuch leke Aaye aur usse psnd na Aaye ye ho skta hai kya.. ye bhut khoobsurat hai.. Thankuu.. Thankuu so much meri life mein ye moment vaapis laane k liye" saying this I take him into a hug. He hugged me back with all his love and care. "Acha I have something for you as well" I tell him and give him my packet. The Kurta I had got for him. His emotional state seemed no less than mine. Afterall we both missed it. We both missed these little things we did for each other just for a smile on the others' face.

We slept for a while out of tiredness. I woke up first as I knew it would take time for me to get ready. My nervousness meters shooted up again looking at the dress. I would be getting ready for Kartik after soo long. Khin Kuch kmi na reh jaye.. the thoughts conquered my mind. I blushed and went to change. Walking over to the mirror I looked at my reflection. I could see myself happy again. The glow that has returned on my face is because of him, his love. Next what.. he comes and stands behind me, his eyes just stuck at my reflection in the mirror. He didn't even blink, just kept staring at me. His eyes holding a spark, a different spark, the same I was soo used to 2 years back whenever I got ready for him. I blushed under his gaze, lowering my eyes out of shyness. No figures could tell how long I waited for this, no words could explain how I yearned for this moment to happen again and now no emotions can display what I feel at the moment. This was soo special. I nodded my head averting my gaze from him in order to wear my jewellery. I had just picked up one of those long earring when he leaned to me picking it up and simultaneously brushing his hand off with mine. My thoughts took me to the flashbacks of the past as he started making me wear those earrings being extremely careful of not hurting me. My heartbeat took quite a pace. My breaths getting uneven as I felt his hot ones near the nape of my neck. I couldn't blink, couldn't blink in a fear that if I do so the moment may fade away just like all those broken dreams which had become a part of my life for the last two years. Slowly he came and stood infront of me picking up the bangles from the table. My teary eyes were just stuck at his face as if trying harder to digest the fact that this was a reality, a beautiful reality. He moves closer. My breath hitched. He held my hand, slowly slipping in the bangles. His moistened eyes didn't leave mine for even a moment. His hands slowly started trailing upwards to my shoulders. He leaned forward, the same did I do and we joined our foreheads, letting off the tears fall freely from our eyes. We knew we both had yearned for each other from so long. We cried, we cried for each other, we cried yet again but this time it was different. We have each other's arms to cry in, we have each other's shoulder lean over, we are no more alone, we are no more lifeless for we finally got our lives back. He took me in a hug, his cheeks pressing over mine and I pulled him close to myself.
"I love you Naira. Please mujhe kbhi chorhke mt jaana." He told between his sobs. "I love you too Kartik. Please mujhe kbhi khud se duur Mt krna" I say him.
We break the hug as we were already getting late. He looked at me with admiration. My cheeks redenned. "Hayee sherni, aaj to qehar dhaa rhi ho.... Apne iss mendak ko maarne Ka irada hai kya" He say in a dramatic tone and his hand went over his heart. I chuckled remembering the old days. He was exactly the Kartik I had fallen in love with. "Mere mendak ne mujhe ready Kiya hai, Achi kaise na lgti. Lekin ab ye mendak bhi to jaake ready ho taaki ye sherni bhi aise hi ghayal ho ske" I tell him and he blush. "Arre haan.. late ho rha hai na.." He says and runs to get ready.

To be Continued...

Umm.. I don't know how this came out but wanted to relate everything to the past to get an emotional side. Everything happening for the first time again. Hope you'd like this one. Suggestions are always welcome. Drop your reviews in the comment box below.

Keep Loving yrkkh/ kaira/ shivin..
Though I know kaira are being soo stupid these days.😂