[ Twelve ] - Trap

(Yato)

Yato effortlessly rends another phantom.

Running nearer the center of the amusement park had increased the phantom visibility. But it only made him stronger, his only inspiration and goal etched in his mind.

Get Hiyori to safety.

And Yato was sure she wasn't safe in Shino's realm.

The place they have set foot on wasn't Capypa land, it was obvious from the start. For it was a copy of it, in Shino's own world full of phantoms in her control.

~•~
(Hiyori)

Hiyori took off to go to the opposite direction, just like Yato's instructions. Too obedient at the time to argue to help like she always do.

Wiping her tears dry, she ran ready with a smile on her lips. Happy, even if it was somehow selfish of her, to remember. With no fear for her curse.

Phantoms were blocking all around the block, though they seemed lesser in quantity. It was quite odd, but the uncertain warning signs were quickly forgotten as she readied herself for her much missed 'Jungle Savate' kick.

Her new remembered strength in her mind.

~•~
(Yato)

Their swords continued to clank together, creating noise.

Both of Yato and Shino advanced, Shino raised her sword to give Yato a blow from the above, her sword coated in the same black liquid that made it more stronger.

Yato had two of his katanas crossed together and above his head, absorbing the blow.
"Urgh," Yukine cussed, he had been working since that morning. And he was still on it now, it was dark, and the whole place had no track of time. It is as if it was forever nighttime there.

"Hang in there Yukine," Yato whispered as he moved the sacred vessels sidewards to reverse the attack. They were both exhausted, no doubt. Yet their exhaustion needs to be set aside for now.

She made continuous hits, each faster that the other. Yato struggled to shield himself from it, because he was also trying to kill and rend the phantoms around him.

"Ah, shit." He cursed, the last swing made her sword come in contact with his right arm. The fabric of his tracksuit was torn, blood started to stain it. 

The black water that came with it made it hurt thrice more, but Yato endured all of those.

"She's tired." Yukine concluded his eyes darting over the goddess, who was slightly backing away and breathing deeply.

Yato knew this of course, but Yukine's statement made him sure. With a smirk on his face, he teleports himself behind her.

Shino swung her sword back, almost simultaneous with Yato's teleportation. With a bleeding cut obtained from the swing, Yato blocked her, swatting her sword out her reach and wounding her hand.

Almost like slow-mo, he sidestepped and took advantage of her pain to snatch the brush put of her hand, his sword on her neck.

Though even with that, her shocked expression came back to normal. She was relaxed, even.

"You're nothing without this." Yato smirked, his bleeding cheek seemed nothing to him.

"Yes I know," She said softly. "But she will be too."

It only took a second in time, she was out of his clutch. 

"Kill me, Yato-Gami. Kill me and she dies."

~•~
(Hiyori in the same time while Yato and Shino was fighting)

She did it, the last phantom in sight down. She could almost see the exit of Capypa Land, where they agreed to meet.

"Yeah!" Hiyori sighed, she was guilty with fact that she was tired, but she could still make it.

The door in sight, she started to run. Only mere steps from it, it hits her.

"It's a trap,"

The less visibility of phantoms, their weakness compared to others... Of course it is.

Hiyori stopped, she tried to back away. But it was too late. A huge phantom snake appeared in front of her, hissing wildly.

The phantom wrapped itself around her.

~•~
(Normal 3rd person POV)

He stood stiff in front of them, holding the phantom brush. Yukine was standing beside him, yet he was also frozen still in his place, unable to do anything.

Shino smirked.

Hiyori was with her, panic and fear in her eyes. Her hair was in a mess, clothes full of dirt and the back of leg stained with blood from her bleeding cut.

Shino's sword was dangerously near to her neck.

He didn't know how it happened. After her getting away from his grasp, in the blink of an eye Hiyori appeared beside her. Wrapped in the deadly hug of a phantom snake, Shino took her as her hostage. She was clearly making sure that the brush won't be harmed, trapping them in a situation that will surely make them lose in both option possible.

"Go on," She teased, the blade was now directly pressed. "Break it."

"Yato," Yukine was shaking as he looked cautiously over to Yato, his eyes glowed blue again.

Nora's blade sharpened, "Why don't we just finish this now master?" Ever since she met her, Nora had been waiting for this moment.

Hiyori was afraid, but she knew what they should do.

"Just break the brush Y-yato!" She shouted with a stutter, the movement of her voice box made the blade scrape her neck a little, "S-she will be defenseless without that!"

Yato's brows furrowed further, "There must be another way,"  he was confused, but there's no way that he'll go and do things that will risk Hiyori's life. "No, not again..."

"What will we do??" Yukine tried to think of ways to get over the situation, but there is just nothing they could do.

 Not when they were clearly out numbered.

They need help.

Help from someone like...

The silence was interrupted with a sudden noise. 

The sound of a gun firing and the breath of someone faced with an unexpected attack and shock.

Shino's eyes widened, a red stain slowly growing on her stomach.  Hiyori fell from her grasp, inhaling deeply and holding onto her neck. Yukine ran to her, but Yato stayed where he was.  

Looking at the stranger that saved them.

Oh wait, she was no stranger. 

"B-Bishamon..?"