Chapter 6

Maya walked down the stairs, knowing damn well that Lucas' gaze was on her ass.

She turned around and stopped walking down the steps, resulting in Lucas colliding with her.

"Hey loverboy, my eyes are up here."

He slowly looked up, his eyes still had lust in them.

"Maybe so Pancakes, but-" he suddenly got interrupted by the sound of his mother.

" Tsk tsk. You guys were better when y'all were asleep" she said walking away.

"Now, sit down children." Katy looks over to Leslie,"We have something important to tell yo-"

Leslie suddenly cut her off "You may be mad for awhile, but you'll have to deal with this. Lucas you know this is a family tradition."

"What family tradition?" Lucas leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms.

"Lucas, I told you when you were 7. About the tradition." Leslie mimicked lucas' position.

"I was 7, mom did you expect me to remember that for 12 years." He grinned looking between Leslie and Katy.

"Lucas, shut up. Let them talk..what tradition? And what does it have to do with me?" Maya snapped her gaze from Lucas to the women standing in front of them.

Leslie looked over at Katy and smiled, but when her gaze went back to them the smile became huge.

"Hear us out before you start screaming."

Lucas and Maya's expressions changed to something of worry.

Am I moving in with this idiot or something?

Maya looked over to Lucas in disgust, while thinking about that.

Did I bring my charger?

His hands slipped into his pockets shaking around for the cord.

When he found it his body relaxed and he let out a breath of relief.

He felt eyes on the side of his head, and smirked before being met with a look of disgust from Maya.

When their eyes met, Maya's expressions softened.

"Did you guys even hear us?" Katy said snapping her fingers in-front of their faces .

Maya and Lucas quickly turned their heads towards their mothers.

Their cheeks began to pick up the color of pink to show the clear embarrassment.

"I'm sorry c..co..could you say that again?" Maya stuttered looking at the floor.

"So this is a tradition for the Friar family. The girls in the family are supposed to pick the next Mrs.Friar. And Maya I pick you. Heck, I picked you before I ever saw you." Leslie looked over at the teens to see a face mixed with disgust and confusion.

"When I met your mother in High school and we became best friends. We made a pact that our kids would get married when when they turned 18. After I was forced into a relationship with your father Lucas, I got pregnant. And Katy got pregnant around a year later. When we found out the genders, we started planning the names and the future weddin-"

"You guys are crazy if you think I'm marrying this fuckboy." Maya slammed her hands on the table and pushed herself up.

Lucas looked up with a smirk,"Well that sucks Maya, because what they say applies."

He winks at her resulting in her shuddering.

"Why did you plan out our lives? What if we met someone we wanted to spend the rest of our lives with? But we wouldn't be able to becaus-"