•Growing up•

•First grade•

"Maya Hart get down from there this instant! It's time to go home." Katy says while she picks up her daughters bag.

"Mom I don't wanna!! Can't I just stay the night again?" She looks over to Lucas who just shrugs and goes back to his legos.

Maya rolls her eyes at his behavior. They may be in first grade but the least he could do was be encouraging.

"Maya that isn't up to you." Katy says.

She looks back down at Maya to see her puppy dog eyes. She can never say no to her when she's like that. But and idea popped instantly into Katy's head. Instead of saying no herself she'll trick Maya into leaving.

"You'd have to ask Emma if you can." Katy smirked as she turned around. She knows her daughter, she's far too scared to ask an adult for anything.

"BYE LUCAS!!" Maya yelled as she climbed down from the tree house.

"Wait you're leaving? I thought you were gonna stay again." Lucas dropped his legos to run after her.

When he reached her he grabbed her shoulder to bring her into a bear hug.

"Awe. You guys are gonna be an adorable couple one day." Lucas's mom says and they both took out their cameras to capture the moment.

Lucas heard the 2nd click and quickly pulled away from the hug.

"See ya Maya."

"Bye. See ya tomorrow."

•4th grade•

"You're so annoying Lucas.. just because I like him, doesn't mean I'm gonna marry him." She said as she smacked his arm.

"Josh and Maya sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G 1st comes love, 2nd comes MARRIA.." before Lucas can finish the chant Maya kicked him in his not so shiny part.

"OMG... ughhh... MAYA YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH THAT HURTS!"

She turned around and skipped off to the kitchen, leaving Lucas laying on the ground, obviously in much pain.

•6th grade•

This year was by far the most challenging for them and their friendship. They were experiencing too many different emotions and they were changing. Not just the way they acted but their bodies too.

"Lucas I can't focus on my Math homework if you keep staring at me like that.. it's creepy."

"Oof oh, I didn't think you noticed. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Lucas' head snapped back down to his science work.

-

"I just can't believe he cheated...we're literally 11." Maya whispered into Lucas' chest as she cried.

"He didn't deserve you Maya, he'll see that." Lucas leaned his head down and kissed her head while stroking her hair.

"Why am I never good enough..."

"Maya you are good enough. I hate when you ask that. If they can't see how amazing you are, then they don't deserve you. He didn't treat you right, you deserve to be treated like a princess."

"Awww I love you so much lucas, you're the best guy friend anyone could ever ask for."

•7th grade•

Things were completely different.. Lucas and Maya have grown apart. Two completely different people.

-

"I can't believe the ranger left m..us. It's like we don't exist anymore." Maya said looking over at his new "friends"

"Peaches, people grow apart.." Riley glances back to see Lucas walking up to them.

"Hey Riley. Hey pancake." Lucas said with a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Maya I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime.. and mess around. If you know what I mean." He ends the sentence with a wink and ruffled up Maya's hair.

"I mean why would I do that... I barley know you Lucas. Now excuse me while I go be productive in school.. unlike you hopalong."

"Awww baby don't play like that, you know you want this." He pushes her up against the locker and looks back to smirk at his friends.

"Ugh," Maya says as she shoves him off" can you be any more disgusting? Like honestly.."

"Come on Maya let's go to history." Riley says grabbing for Maya's arm.

"See ya around Maya." Maya looks back to see him checking her out while talking to his friends.

"Thanks Riles, I love you so much for that."

"You would do the same for me peaches. So sweetie are you coming over tonight?" Riley pushes open the door and sits in her usual spot beside Maya.

" if you want me to."

"I always want you to." Maya looks over to Riley and thinks, how did I get so lucky to find someone like her.

-
Author's note

Hey loves❤️. I just want to apologize for deleting the original story, but I wanted to give you guys something better. Me and my best friend Kaylie have worked together to make this as good as we can. Therefore I hope you guys enjoyed this, and feedback would be great.

Love,
          Abigail