"Wizard or not I still hate your guts," I said

Indeed not only this guy is a follow scientist like me but he is also a follow sorceress. I hate it to be associate with him. We are not a lot of sorceress and Wizard so we usually stick together to survive but with him, I prefer to die than work with him. The reason I hate him is that he uses his Power to get what he wants and doesn't care how many he will sacrifices he will do to reach his goal.

"Don't worry my dear you will eventually change your opinion about me." He said

"I doubt it," I said rolling my eyes.

"Hehe anyways my dear, we shall discuss of the deal I am offering you."

"I will listen but my answer will still be no"

He looks annoying with my response but keeps his smug smile. "My deal is I would take your machine and would be mine to use and you will have the fund to make the little side projet that you have been working on." He Said

I was in shock. How did he know about my inside work I am doing?! Calm down Alice, he must be bluffing about your work. I thought

"What side project you are talking about? I don't have any other project than my machine." I said trying to stay calm.

"Oh, Alice... You should know that we wizard and sorceress should look out for each other no matter what right?"

"Look out for each other not stalking to each other," I said. "Now I am going to ask you again what do you mean by side project I supposedly working on?"

"Let's just said that I have my way to know... Now your machine will be of great help for my work but the side project of yours is also interesting... I want to be on this project." He said

"First I will not give you my invention and second there is not such a thing as 'side project' i have been working on," I said quoting Side project.

He starts to be annoying about my denial.

"Fine, I will let it slide," He said in a sign of defeat. He passes beside before he stops beside me.

"But let me be clear, I will get a hand of your research with or without your permission Dr. Wolf" he whispers to me. He left the lab.

I breath out like i was keeping air during our conversation. I walk to the printer room to get my paperwork and went back to my desk. My hands start to tremble. Dammit dammit dammit! This bastard know this project too?! How? I make sure no one NO ONE know about it until i get enough material and fund! I thought. I feel like betray and distrust over this situation. Why each time i want to prove them i can do the work seem like they are not satisfy? Tear start to show up but i refuse to crack until i get back to my room. I startle when i feel a hand on my shoulder i turn around and see Dr. Ember.

"Hey working hard over there Dr. Wolf?" He smiles at me.

"Oh yeah, I am just doing some review to make sure I didn't make a mistake" I laugh nervously.

"You make a mistake? That a good one!" He laughs

"Well better than sorry Dr. Ember"

We talk for a bit about some projects that going on in the department until Dr. Ember said something I wish I would never know.

"Did you know that the weaponry department decides to make a new secret project?" He said

"Nope I don't know about this project and you just said it's a secret project so," I said raising my eyebrow.