Sunday Morning

"Do you realize this is the first free day we've had since you got hurt? It's Sunday and nobody has practice or a game and I don't have work. This is amazing." Kelly told Stella as they laid in bed one morning, several weeks after Stella had gotten hurt.

"So exciting. Although, I've had plenty of free days." She pointed out.

"Okay, But you have a reason or two for that to happen."

"Thank God the concussion is gone. I just have to get this cast off, do PT for a couple weeks, and then it's back to work for me!" She cheered.

"Never, in my life, have I heard anyone so excited to go back to work."

"When you love what you do, it's an exciting thing."

"Dad! I'm hungry!" Caleb yelled as he ran into their room.

"Buck, it's 8 o'clock on a Sunday. We're relaxing." Kelly teased him.

"But I'm hungry!"

"You can have breakfast after you give Mommy a foot rub." Kelly said, winking slyly at Stella.

"Her feet smell!" He laughed as Stella made an offended face.

"My feet do not smell! Daddy's feet smell!"

"No, your feet smell like oil!"

"How do you even know what that smells like?" Kelly laughed.

"When you checked it in your car, I sniffed it. It stinks."

"You are such a silly boy. What do you want for breakfast? I bet, if you ask super nice, Daddy would make us all some super yummy pancakes." Stella said, giving Kelly a smirk.

"Yeah! Please, Daddy! Can you make pancakes?"

"Only if you help me."

"I will help you! You need lots of help in the kitchen."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kelly questioned his little boy, picking him up as he got out of bed.

"It means you are not good at cooking!"