Spa

"Daddy, can we play spa?" Olivia asked her father, who was watching a hockey game with Mason, Caleb, and Stella.

Kelly tried not to show his reluctance as he slowly nodded. "Uh, sure, I guess so."

"Yay! What color do you want your toenails painted? Pink or purple?"

"Do you have clear?"

"No, Dad, it has to be a color! Pink or purple?"

"Purple it is." Kelly sighed. Olivia ran to get the nail polish while Stella chuckled.

"Mama, can we play with my trains?" Caleb asked, holding up his Thomas and Friends toys.

"Sure, buddy." She said, getting on the floor with him and driving trains around the track.

"You get trains and I get spa? No fair." Kelly joked quietly as Olivia ran back into the living room with the nail polish.

"Let's get started, sir." Olivia said with a giggle as she took her dad's socks off.

Soon, Kelly's toenails were all painted purple and Olivia was finished. "Mason, how do Dad's toenails look?" She asked her big brother.

"They look funny. Dad, you have shift tomorrow, right?" He asked, receiving a nod from Kelly. "You better not take your socks off in front of the guys, you might get beat up."

"My lunch money might get stolen, too." Kelly laughed.

"Don't worry, they all know now anyway." Stella said, sending a picture of the scene in the firehouse group chat.

"You're killing me, Stell." Kelly groaned.

"Daddy has painted nails!" Caleb pointed out, his blue eyes as twinkling as he laughed.

"Uh-oh! Daddy, it's 5:45! I have soccer practice at 6!" Olivia suddenly called, running to get ready.

"Shoot, we gotta go. Anyone coming with us?" Kelly asked, receiving 'no's from everyone. "Alright, we'll be back later. Mason, Caleb, be good for mom while I'm gone. Stell, be good for the boys while I'm gone." Kelly teased.

"You're hilarious, Kelly. Now get our daughter to practice before she's late."

That night, after the kids were in bed, Stella joined Kelly on the couch. "I'm tired." She sighed.

"Me too. Evidently it was kids scrimmage parents night at soccer. Liv kicked my butt. And my shins." Kelly said, making his wife laugh.

Together, they talked until falling asleep on the couch.