He looks around the corner before answering me. He holds his gun in front of him as he looks down both hallways.

"I see the way you look at him, V. Heck! I see the way he looks at you!" He turns to me and his sweat loving eyes are dark with hatred.

I laugh bitterly, "you know me better than that J! I would tell you if I had feelings for another guy, and I don't!"

His eyes soften as he sees my angered expression. "Look I'm s-"

I raise my hand, stopping him. I see hurt flash in his eyes, but to be honest I could care a less. He has got me so mad that I could to shoot someone and not feel bad. I look around the corner and see boxes set up in the hallway. Men are behind them shooting at other men on the other end of the hall. I glance down the other hall and look to J.

"Can we go this way?" My tone is back to normal, but on the inside I'm on edge with J. He has sent my patients over a cliff. He has pushed every button that shouldn't be pushed. I think you get my point.

He nods, but doesn't look me in the eyes. I'm sure if he did he would see pure anger. He wraps an arm around me to help me walk. We run down the hall as fast as we can. We look around the corner and see it totally empty.

Weird?

The hallway on the other end is in a gun war, yet this one is totally silent. I find it odd, but keep going. I glance at J and see his brows are furrowed. Apparently he has noticed the empty hallway being suspicious too. We walk down the hall to stop in our tracks and turn to look at the wall. I stiffen as I see writing on the wall, but it's what it's written in.

Blood.

I get her or he dies.

"J?"

He looks at me with fear written on his face. I suddenly feel angry, I think he knows who he is.

"Yeah," He asks scared like.

"Who is he?" J's head hangs lower than low. A lump begins to form in my throat. "J?"

"I came here to get you and him. But I can only leave with one."

He looks up at me with tears in his eyes. No, please don't do this.

"J... just tell me who he is," I speak slow and calmly. J knows that is a threatening tone, because my insides are burning with a forest fire of rage.

"Shawn."

It's like I was just punched in the face. My eyes widen as I stagger back. I shake my head looking at my bare feet. No! Tears fall to the floor and land on my feet. They roll down my feet mixing with blood from the Scratches.

"Calm down V. We're going to get him out." My bottom lip begins to shake uncontrollably.

"I can't let him die." I turn down the hall and make my way back to Coleman's office. I know where it is, because I've been there. Tears streak my blood stained cheeks, but I ignore them. Anger rises inside me like a raging sea. Every step I take makes pain shoot up through both legs and up my back. Every breath I take in is another sharp stab to the ribs. I push through the pain and head towards his office. I hear J's footsteps running towards me.

"J be ready to get him at the end of the hall." I'm spun around and face-to-face with J. His eyes are wide and wild. His breathing is comes in short pants.

"I'm not letting him take you again," his voice is a low growl.

"I'm not letting him kill someone else." My voice is firm and holds determination. J takes in the bruises and scratches on my face. His eyes fall on my lips and stay there.

"I can't, V. I can't l-let them take you again." The last sentence is more of a sob. I grab the side of his face with my bloody hands. His eyes still never leave my lips.

"If I don't make it out of their take care of them." A tear slips down his cheek, he nods and captures my lips with his. I feel the tears roll down both our faces as the kiss deepens. This might be our last kiss, our goodbye. I know that he will take care of mom and Shawn. He'll keep the guys company while I'm not there. I know that this will all be over, and they'll have to move on. I know I have left them in good hands. We pull away from each other, breathless. J leans his forehead against mine, keeping me pressed to him.

"Goodbye," I whisper.

He shakes his head against mine. "No, cya later." I smile and give him one last kiss. This one is slow and caring. This is our goodbye. I break away and turn around. I turn the corner and there sits the double doors, golden lines carved into the cherrywood. I don't dare turn around to take one last glance at J, I want to leave off on good terms. The fight we had was thrown out the window as soon as he kissed me. I want to die knowing he loved me, and I want him to know I'll stay by him.

As my footsteps echo off the empty walls I think about everything. Losing Val, kicking Ace in the groin, meeting the guys. Kissing J for the first time, Phoenix taking me on that cliff. It all runs through my head like a slideshow on repeat. A small smile tugs at my lips as I close the distance between me and the door. I look at the door handle and stare at it.

I'm coming Shawn.

My hand wraps around the cold brass handle. I take a deep breath and push the doors open. I close it behind me and turn around. Coleman sits at his desk with a pleased smile.

"I'm glad you could make it, Valentine."

A/N
So. There's your cliffhanger for today. Lol! I cried when I written J and V's goodbye, or is it a goodbye? Let me know in the comments if you cried. Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter of V's very busy life. There is a like one or two more chapter and then it's over! :,(

-Emz