Chapter 17

Chapter 17
"We want to get was ours."
**
2 Weeks Later

I'm ready to pull my hair out. The beeping of my heart monitor drives me nuts! I begged to get off of it, which didn't happen. And I can't wait to leave and go home. I'm jerked out of my thoughts as the door creaks open.

"Hello Miss Walker."

I smile at my doctor. "Any news."

"Actually... there is." My heart flutters. I won't get my hopes up. I won't get my hopes up. Oh crap I'm getting my hopes up. He smiles and walks over to my chart. He nods to it before taking my blood pressure and taking a blood sample.

"You get to leave."

My cheeks hurt from smiling. I get to get out of the hospital from after two weeks. The doctor's assistant wheels in a wheelchair. Doctor Well pulls out the IV, I flinch at the small pinch. I sigh and am able to move my arms around for once. Those needles constricted me from moving my arms more than a few inches. Honestly my doctor said I could be in the hospital up to month due to my injuries. When I breath heavy it hurts my ribs, but I can laugh and sigh now without flinching from the pain.

I stand on my legs, they give out unexpectedly. The doctors assistant catches me before I go down.

"Thank you," I nod to the lady. Smiles sadly at me as she helps me into the wheelchair. I'm guessing my legs aren't used to walking. It was a struggle to get to the bathroom everyday. I'm wheeled in the hallway to be greeted by mom, Shawn, and J. The guys are probably trying to take care of Coleman Marshall.

"Honey, are you ready to go home?"

I nod enthusiastically at mom and sigh with relief. I didn't think I would ever hear that question. It takes us a good two minutes to get on the level floor. A lot of injured cops have been coming in lately, at least that's what I have overheard doctors saying. My doctor pushes the wheelchair as my family follow. A blast of warm air hits me as the door opens to the outside. The feeling in my legs as finally come back. I sigh and stand up, I grimace at the sharp pain in my thigh. The doctors took the stitching out a few days ago. They claimed the hood bent when it hit the tree and clipped my leg. It is one of my more painful injuries I have had.

Most of my broken bones have been fixed, but I have to go easy on them. The doctors still can't believe I lived through such an accident. I thank god for that night that I didn't die. I walk towards our parked car. I feel strong arms wrap around my waist and I'm thrown over J's shoulder like a rag doll. I sigh and prop my elbows on his back as they hold my head up. My mom smiles at our playfulness, Shawn pretends to gag. I roll my eyes and kiss the side of J's head, I notice him smile. He walks us over to his car, as mom and Shawn drive off in theirs. The night of the wreck Phoenix totaled my car, but I'm not mad. It was a gift from my father to try and apologize. I'm happy to get rid of something that holds me to him.

I took the gift but never forgave him. Speaking of father, I haven't seen Vince in a while. J helps me into the car, when I'm buckled in snuggly J walks around to his side. I got a lecture a week ago about not wearing my seat belt. I wasn't able to put on my seat belt when the car chase began, then I flew through the window from the impact of the crash. Honestly people die from the impact of car crashes, I just got lucky. I cheated death again, but everyone around me seems to get caught.

"Are you okay?"

I look over to J. I must have worried him from my lack of words. I nod, "yeah... just thinking."

"About my charms?" I look at J. His eyes sparkle playfully and he wears a smug smirk.

I laugh breathlessly, "Yes, about your good looks."