Chapter 13 [Edited]

Chapter 13
"Good work, newbie."
**

I move out from behind J and see Coleman Marshall standing in the doorway. Zeke leans nonchalantly against the wall and glares at Mr Marshall.

Zeke sighs pushing off the wall, "can I come out now."

All heads turn to Zeke, "no! I have told you, we have stripped your title of being my guard."

All heads turn back to Coleman as he practically yells at Zeke. Our heads turn back to Zeke as he tries to speak.

"But-"

Our heads turn back.

"That's finally."

Our heads keep turning as the argument goes on. Zeke shoots us a glance for help, but I really know what he is up too. If he isn't trying to help us escape than I'm sorry, because he just gave me the advantage. As Coleman shouts at Zeke I lunge, catching him off guard. I land a couple good hits to his jaw and eye, but he throws me off like a sack of potatoes. When I thought he would give up, he storms towards me. I lay on the floor propped up on my elbows. I gulp so loud I believe even Zeke heard it from the corner.

"Get up," he growls.

I obey and stumble to my feet. He raises his fist back, but is stopped by J. J stands behind him, and holds his fist. As Coleman turns around I jerk the gun from his belt, and pull the trigger. I turn away as I hear the loud thud his body makes. The hand that holds my gun shakes a little.

"Good work, newbie." I look over at Zeke.

"Newbie?"

He smiles, "that's—" he waves towards Coleman's twitching body. "—clearly your first kill."

J stands up from Coleman's body, "he isn't dead. But we don't have time I hear his guards coming now."

"Correction, almost kill," Zeke grins.

And that's when we take off. We come into his office and run to the door we came through. It is the same one with the keypad. I huff and searched my scrawny brain. I type in what I remember, 5982346. The small red light turns green and the door cracks open. We push it open fully and run for the hills. We hear another door open behind us and shouts from where we just left. Gun shots ring through the air, making my ears sting. I listen as I hear bullets fly past my head.

"So what now!" We run down the street away from Marshall's Headquarters. I doubt they would shoot and chase us down miles away, when their leader is hurt. We turn into a dark alley and catch our breath.

"We need to get a hold of Shepherd." Me and J turn to Zeke, I forget he was even here. He walks over towards the closets brick wall and picks up the phone. He inserts a quarter and types in Shepherds number.

"Why do you have a quarter?"

"For situations like this," he clears his throat when the phone picks up.

"Hello?" I sigh with relief. I have never been so happy to hear Shepherd's voice.

"Yo, brother." I hear shuffling and panic shows on Zeke's face. "Don't hang up! We need your help!"

The shuffling stops but this time it isn't Shepherd's voice on the phone it's Phoenix's, "we?"

"Yeah I just said that. Me, this dude Jackson, and a girl named-"

"Hand her the phone!" All the guys shout in unison. I break out in laughter as Zeke cradles his ear.

He hands me the phone, "I think I'm permanently deaf in this ear now."