Chapter 19

Chapter 19
"So why just kill me?"
**
1 Week Later

The darkness is scary. I don't care what people say, it's scary. But something that's even scarier, is what's in the darkness. After seeing your best friend get shot then you get knocked out and then you wake up in a dark cell, you would think I would be in shock or have metal problems but I don't. I sit in the dark corner with no light whatsoever. I don't know what else is in this cell and I don't know where. I can't see a thing so I try to use my other senses. I lean against the corner and here approach footsteps. I try to shrink back into the darkness. The footsteps slow as they come in front of my cell.

"Get her out," the voice is ruff and unfamiliar.

"Yes sure," this voice is higher and more familiar. The door opens letting in a slither of light. My eyes water from the sudden light that blinds them. I listen as a pair of footsteps leave.

"J?" I whisper as I try to take in his appearances. "What are you doing here!?" I keep my yell to a whisper. He smiles at me sadly, and takes in my beaten appearances. It's been a week of beatings and bruises. The pain has numbed to a sudden throb, at least I'm not cry from it anymore.

J walks over and pulls me off the cold concrete floor. My muscles refuse to move so I lay limp in J's arms as he helps pull me up.

"What have they done to you?"

I shake my head feeling dizzy suddenly, "why are you here?"

He smiles sadly at me, "me and the guys set up a plan. If it all works out we should get you of here by a week or two."

If I could walk on my own I would be jumping for joy. My heart beats rapidly at the thought of leaving this torturous cell. The sound of a constant dripping of water grows louder. Then I remember about Phoenix.

"Is Phoenix-"

Footsteps echo off of the cell walls. J looks at me and the look on his face scares me more than anything, fear.

"Jake!" I frown, his name isn't Jake. How is he in here and not being recognized. He was captured here also, they should recognize him. J throughs me on the ground suddenly, the throbbing pain turns back into a sudden stabbing. I cry out in pain, a low whimper escaping my mouth.

"What I'm trying to get the prisoner!" J's voice has gotten lower suddenly. I raise my eyebrows and crawl back to my corner. I try to stay out of sight.

"I'll get her, go do deal with level twenty." I notice J stiffen, what's level twenty? J nods stiffly, he walks out of the door. Before he can turn down the hall the man grabs his arm stopping him. I freeze and pray he doesn't get caught. I close my eyes and squeeze, trying to make myself believe this is a dream. "You will transfer her to level twenty tonight, understood?"

My blood runs cold, I feel like I would rather stay in my cell than level twenty. What is this company for, because it isn't selling clothes. "Sir is it necessary for her to be up there?"

I notice J's voice sounds more like he is in pain. I look down and see the mans grip has turning J's arm purple. "Yes," the man growls.

He lets go of J, making him lose his balance. He wobbles on his feet before gaining back his balance. He sends me one last glance, and I can read his mind. I love you too J. I send him a shaky smile as he leaves me with the temperamental man.

"Now let's have some fun." He walks towards me with a smug smirk. This is the man I get at least one beating from a day. He brings his foot back before it connects with my ribs. I scream out in pain, tears flowing down my cheeks. I know J heard my scream from down the hall. The man walks over and closes the door before continuing.