Chapter 7 [Edited]

Chapter 7
"Get over here, goofball."
**

I lay on my stomach in bed, mom cleans the freshly opened wounds on my back. Dad left to blow some steam, but most of it was taken out on me and his cane. I cry out in pain has sizzling pain shoots across my back. My mom jumped back tears flowing steadily down her face.

Mom pats my head, "He is leaving today, I promise. I-I thought he changed."

I grind my front teeth to hold back another cry of pain. She presses the wet washcloth against the lines across my back. I gasp from the shock of the pain, stars dancing across my vision. Yeah, not doing good at staying strong.

"M-mom. I'm f-fine." I push up and wince at the throbbing. I throw on a tank top covering the marks. I gently slip on a jacket and head out the door, beginning my drive over to the guys house. It's been almost a week since I left with dad. I knock on the door, and am shocked when I'm suddenly suddenly pulled in and enveloped in the guys arms.

"Phoenix told us everything you told him."

They all pulled back and scanned me for injures. They are stupid if they think I'm going to show my actually pain, I'm still warming up to these knuckleheads.

I shrug my shoulder, biting my lip to keep from gasping at the pain that shot up through my back. "I-I'm fine."

They all give me looks that say 'your stupid if we don't see your pain,' and I know.

I sigh, giving into them. "You already know what happened, I can tell from the pity on your faces."

I step in and am grabbed behind from the wrists, "Hey!"

Phoenix's pulls the back of my shirt and jacket up. I close my eyes and listen to their gasps, Axel releases my wrists. I wobble on my feet trying to gain back my balance.

"Why would you hide that!?" I spin around to see an angered Shepherd. His face darkens and his eyes narrow. Axel and Phoenix stand behind him sending me daggers with their glares. Shepherd steps in front of my view, letting me only see his anger full glory. I take a step back every step he takes forward.

He grabs my shoulder and grips hard, tears start to fill my eyes. "Why won't you just let us help! You need our help!"

Tears fall onto his arms, but he pays no attention. He keeps screaming in my face, spit flying everywhere.

"Okay, back off Shepherd. She gets it," growls Axel.

He spins around and directs his rage towards Axel. He pushes him away hard sending him flying back into the wall, "And you need to stay out of my business!"

Axel lets out a strange noise mixed between a growl and a laugh from the back of his throat. He swings his fist and it connects with Shepherd's jaw. Shepherd jerks his head back towards Axel, shocked. I gasp at the sudden change of actions, covering my mouth in horror.

Shepherd's shock soon turns to anger and Phoenix comes running towards me. He directs me to the stairs, away from the action. I stand on the one above him, and turn to question him.

"Go, I don't want you getting caught in that." He points behind his back towards Axel and Shepherd, who now has Axel in a headlock. I nod and take the stairs two at a time. I hear yelling and multiple thumps and pops before it quiets down. I chew the inside of my cheek, waiting nervously.

Minutes later I hear footsteps approaching outside the door and look up to see Shepherd in the doorway. He has his hands buried deep into his pockets and directs his guilty gaze downwards. I sigh and scoot over, patting the seat next to me. He eyes the spot for a minute and I can tell he is debating taking my proposal to sit. I wait for his hesitation to be over, but get inpatient.