Part 63: Creature Preference (PART 2)

Zacznij od początku

After what felt like an hour, were only a few minutes in reality, you both finally made it back to your house.

"That wasn't so bad," Brett chuckled as you sat on the steps of your front porch, you were already starting to feel the aftermath of the ache of the morning jog as you leaned back and let out a sigh of relief.

"Speak for yourself," you muttered before feeling the contractions of your muscles in your calves making you wince, a small whimper suddenly escaping your lips as you gripped your leg while tears started to fill the rim of your eyes. (a/n: imagine leg cramps for a good measure. These hurt so damn much especially when it wakes you up at night </3)

"Are you hurt?" The expression on Brett's face suddenly changed to worry as you found him already kneeling in front of you, his hands didn't waste any time as they kneaded the contracting muscles in your calves trying to let it relax - his veins turned a dark color indicating just how much pain you were in.

The door to your home suddenly opened just as the ache in the muscles of your leg subsided and you found Brett immediately looking up with an attentive and -what you could guess as an- intimidated look on his face.

"Sir," he nodded his head in acknowledgment as he helped you back to your feet just as you turned around to find your father with a serious demeanor plastered on his face. His arms were crossed over his chest, a hot cup of black coffee in one hand and if you looked close enough, you can see the red angry color marking his ears at the sight he opened his door to in the morning. You could've laughed at that moment if it weren't for the throbbing ache you were still feeling in your legs.

"Talbot," Your dad greeted, his eyes trained on the boy behind you as you walked up the steps of your home.

"Hi, dad." You greeted with a smile.

"Hello, my little seashell." Your father's facial features immediately changed to a soft and loving expression he only reserved for you and your mother when his eyes landed on you, a kiss was planted on your forehead before he told you to go back inside to have breakfast.

"You go ahead, I'll be with you and mom in a few." He said, ushering you inside just as your mother greeted you and Brett from the doorway of your home.

Brett gave a smile to both you and your mother before his expression changed back and his eyes looking back at your father.

"It's a full moon tonight, Brett." Your father spoke when you and your mom were out of earshot, letting him recall what was to come.

"I know, sir," Brett answered as politely as he can, his face turning more serious at the reminder

Your parents were instantly dragged into all of the supernatural mess once you've befriended Scott and the others-even making you a part of the 'inner circle' as what Mason had dubbed it, Sheriff Stilinski and Melissa McCall had the honors of elaborating everything that's been happening in Beacon Hills to your parents. Surprisingly, they were more open and understanding of it which somehow confused the other people who knew-not really expecting a calm expression on their faces when everything was revealed.