Forbidden Forests

I didn't ask for you to come to me and flash that corrupting smile.
Didn't ask for you to draw me in with those equally as haunting brown eyes.
Didn't ask for your gentle hands to burn at my flesh
Didn't ask you to worship the ground at my feet
Didn't ask you to make sweet tender love to me, to raise my body on high. I didn't ask you to wrap me up in your embrace or stitch my weathered soul back together with vines.

And now you wonder why I am running barefoot through the dark tainted woods. I compare myself and understand the things that are here, the things growing but brown under me. The brittle and sometimes greened brush around me, the sun that's barely peaking through its like these are all the pieces of me. And pine pitch is sticky and a bitch to try to scrub clean but still you're like glue to me. This is quite the mess that we've made, both for you and for me.

But we never really stood a chance, did we?

I warned you of the demons that hide deep inside, the screaming voices that threaten my mind.
I told you of the terrors, the unpleasant dreams that reside within me, scratching and clashing their ways forward through the better parts of me.
The shattered bones that's left me face down in dirt, my crying soul that you set out to free. You threw that match knowing it would never last and that's the part that's bending and breaking me.
You lit this forest ablaze, so I waded into a pool too deep, not realizing the depth and suffocation it could cause me. Now I feel as if I'm drowning, trying to escape from both certain deaths, Fire and water can always dance but one will always snuff out the other.

And now you wonder why I am running barefoot through the dark tainted woods. I compare myself and understand the things that are here, the things growing but brown under me. The brittle and sometimes greened brush around me, the sun that's barely peaking through its like these are all the pieces of me. And pine pitch is sticky and a bitch to try to scrub clean but still you're like glue to me. This is quite the mess that we've made, both for you and for me.

But we never really stood a chance, did we?

We both are responsible for the guilt and insecurity, the undeniable attraction though knowing something hot can burn dry leaves. We forgot how this was supposed to be and yet I still find myself at my knees.

I pray for forgiveness, I pray for truth, I pray to a power higher than me. The Devil himself keeps creeping in and playing fucked jokes on me. And sometimes in your eyes, that's all I can see, not knowing how something so wrong could feel right and my faith has been shaken from me.

The decisions we're making weren't all just up to me. Can't you see that I cannot love you, the way loves supposed to be. I fell pray to your clutching branches, let you shake dry needles from me. You came to close and the lightening has struck, burning black holes through the trees.

Now you're just as fucked up as I am, I think we both can admit that freely. But you've given me more than I can give to you, somehow a sort of redemption and a newfound way to breathe. There is pleasure in pathless woods but sometimes consequences can be found no matter which way you lead. Both roads I'm unsure of which way to travel knowing either way I'm trapped and fire awaits me. If only there was a dirt cross that met in the middle, of only I could find which way to choose, no matter the way I think would be best for me, my dearest two loves I will lose.

And now you both wonder why I am running barefoot through the dark tainted woods. I compare myself and understand the things that are here, the things growing but brown under me. The brittle and sometimes greened brush around me, the sun that's barely peaking through its like these are all the pieces of me. And pine pitch is sticky and a bitch to try to scrub clean but still you're both like glue to me. This is quite the mess that we've made, both for you and for me and the one who doesn't see.

But I never really stood a chance, no we never really stood a chance, did we?