Someone To Call my Own

Houston walked two steps and fell; he couldn't move a foot. All his body was aching with pain. The lat words Lucy said to him, "you know him. He is someone you see everyday" echoed in his head for more than a million times since he left the car in a rage of anger. An urge of pain was felt in his heart, he scratched on the left side of his chest, the itching in his heart escalated he then hugged his chest to make it stop but still it itched even more. Tears fell from his cheeks not knowing what's happening to him he found himself screaming an 'AHH...', for who were close wondered what was he going through. He felt hell, he felt a pain he once felt ten years ago when he found out the truth about his biological mother abandoning him when he was just two years old. He felt alone, lonely and unloved. He wanted to feel loved at the moment, he wanted a tender care. He wished for someone who would just take care of him, there was none only people walking by the roadside and cars in a rush passing by heading to their respective destinations.

"I must have been a bad boy mother for you to leave me with no one but maids. What did I ever do wrong to deserve this. I try to be nice but still she is rude and mad at me all the time. Does she hate me that much? I wish you were here to see this loser you left behind mother. You made the right decision", he mutter this to himself hugging his knees on the side of the road Jimmy dropped him.

Jimmy have seen Houston in his worst couple of times. He knows more than he should. I believe servants see it all and know more than they are supposed to. He drove back to the road they dropped him and found him hugging his knees, tears falling from his eyes which were now filled with sorrow and despair. He was like a homeless and hopeless man in streets who doesn't know how his night will end.

"Where should I drop you Mr Patterson?", Jimmy asked trying to be polite like talking to a spoilt kid

"Tell me something honestly Jimmy. Am I a bad person? Don't I deserve to be cared?", Houston asked lifting his head to face jimmy who stood next to him. He has been like a younger brother to him since he met him three years ago in a restaurant after he served a wrong meal and got fired. Jimmy is someone he feels free to ask him and share with him all his trouble, sorrow and loneliness.

"You are a kind hearted man Houston. You saved my father from the edge of death, gave me and my mother a job and house to live. This is more than kindness. You don't do yourself a favor by thinking that you are a bad person", Jimmy stated lost in the memories of his tough life he once had before meeting Houston. If it wasn't for him he would be on streets with no future.