A Beautiful Angel Alive.

It all happened too fast I still can't explain how fast she collapsed in my hands. I had my keys in my pocket but couldn't reach them and as I called for help no one heard me. The scene was terrifying I felt her stop while my mind is crowded with horrific thoughts that she might not make it. My hands were shaking with the terror of the past. I saw the three years boy in a big house, no lights, no maids and dad isn't home. I see the dark days I would hide in closets and chant mother as a little prayer to chase away my fears. I make it to the car chanting the only prayer I know since childhood; mother.

Lying Lucy in the back seats I sit ready to drive. My hands were still shaking the car walls felt like the walls of the big mansion I grew up in. I see the little boy who would call a mother who is ain't there. I see the boy I see every time I look in the mirror the boy who needs rescue the boy who  hid in closets when dad was back drank and yelling. My fear was bigger but I closed my eyes for a second and think of what matters most now and that's when I see Lucy with her smiley face right that moment I find a new little prayer; Lucy.  Rushing with to the hospital I put on a Bluetooth earpiece and call Edvin to inform him about Lucy's condition. I drove fast like crazy, my speed was a killer and it led to siren chasing behind me. I sped up more than earlier till the city hospital. I carried Lucy in my arms and rushed her inside calling for help. I asked for a VIP ward in which she would be admitted. I gave a brief history of all that happened till her getting unconscious to the doctor while the nurses taking  I kept pacing outside her room waiting for the doctor checking on her to come out. I don't know what was happening to me but I was feeling uneasy and scared at the same time. All I can say is I was having a strange feeling I never once had and I don't know how to call it.

"Hey, Houston how is she? What happened?" Edvin arrived and questioned.

"I don't know. She was fine when you both left i asked her to get inside and after that she began over breathing then fainted", I reply in a tired tone. I was tired with straggling to hide what I was feeling, one side of me was whispering she is going to be okay and the other side was yelling she won't be okay because she is not okay.

"Are sure you didn't tell her anything else? Its a new thing to me, she has never passed out on me before", Edvin asked after some minutes to pass.

"And why would I do that? Am I that a bad person to make a girl faint?" I shouted in anger; how can he think I did something to make her be in the state she is now?

"No I just.....", before he went on talking the doctor came out of Lucy's room. I wasn't interested in listening Edvin's excuses so I ignored him and got closer to the doctor.

"How is she doctor?"

"Oh Mr Patterson, we can have a word in my cabin . Please come". I followed behind him so that I could hear what he has to say, I hope its nothing bad.

"Have a seat", he said pointing a hand on the front chair of his desk. "I think she is allergic to something that triggered the hyperventilation. Did she eat anything tonight, something that she is allergic to?" The doctor questions with a worried tone.

"She had a salmon fish for dinner, whine and water I guess. Nothing apart from that"

"Maybe the oil used to fry the fish. What oil was it used? He shot another question.

"Olive oil".

"It must be the oil used. We are still running some tests and we will know what is really wrong".

"Thank you doctor. When will she gain conscious? Is her state so serious that she will take time to heal?"

"No...not at all. She will be fine by tomorrow. We just gave her some injections to slow down the reaction, and to let her rest because if she wakes up now she might experience chest pain, so she needs rest". The doctor said in assurance.