Anna's Cafè

Yesterday was a busy day I got home late. Mmm and Jessy were having lots of customers and a little bit of a chitchat. I went direct to change my work attaire and put on something comfort to work on. Jessica and I had uniforms that bare embroidered with the Cafe's name 'Anna's Cafe' when we first opened the cafe. Mom sewed them for us and theya are my favourite thing when I get to work in the kitchen. I walked right to the kitchen and find Jessy wearing the same thing I wore and we all just laugh out loud. These uniforms remind us of the struggle and shit we went through tobgetbyo fit in in New York City our Barista quit a week ago. We are still searching for a new professional Barista and another helper who would serve customers. My search got no positive answers since the week began and I had only one option left to call Nathan and Joseph. The first time I saw them I had a bad feeling that they are no good for the cafe. They looked too trained and discplined and ready for action any moment and the worst part is that they reminded me of Mark's men who were always in charge of Claire's safety. Ooh Clara! My other half, a best friend I once had and right now she a pain in my ass too. Did she have to be Mark's sister after all we went through to be best friends? Sometimes fate is too cruel than the world itself. After every five days Nathan and Joseph always shows up at our cafe and ask for part time vacancies a fact that freaked me out every time they showed up their smiley faces.

Our weekends are never free we are always busy so this Saturday day time went by and during night time when it reached closing time we closed, ate dinner and cleaned the place then I headed to my bedroom and took the two files I took from work Mrs. Patterson entrusted them to me to read them and give out a brief report on why there is a rise in lose and more falling profit lately in different diners they are investing in.
I took the file took Jessy's laptop and head out of the room, I pick a clean table and a chair and start working. While working I heard mom talking to Jessy about stuff I don't understand so I keep up with my work. After like an hour of reading and analyzing what I got from the files mom comes to where I am,

"Sweetheart aren't you going to bed"? she asked heading to the door.

"I'm wrapping up a piece of work here after I'm done I head straight to bed". I reply my eyes on the laptop. Someone knocked the door mom had to open to check it was. It was a man in sneakers and his fragrance filled the whole place. I close my eyes scared of the truth I was about to face I couldn't believe my nose if they were smelling the right fragrance, Mark's. He was in a maroon t-shirt and a skinny jeans.

"Mark?" Mom called out in shock. What? Mark, what is he doing here? It has being a year since we crossed our path. I stared at him with great terror in my eyes. Mark has been my big horror and fear. The fact that I can't get over him is too scary than any horror scene to come in my life.

"Anastasia I'm sorry to bother you at this hour. I need a few minutes with your daughter it's important" He pleads with a sore throat. What was wrong? He isn't someone who drinks over pain he drinks over joy. What made him drink? I know him inside out even with my eyes closed I know it when he is drank I know it when he is hurting and when he is in despair. Anf right now he was all of them.

"Make it quick I can't stand you in my cafe"

"Thanks Anna", he spoke gently. My heart was beating too fast. I was scared of what he had to say scared of how he is gonna ripe up my scarred wound again. I couldn't feel my legs and hands I felt numb with his presence. The room felt small and suffocating I couldn't breathe I had to close my eyes for a minute.

"I'm sorry", he whispers to me as he approaches pulling a chair next to me. What was he sorry for? He was freaking me out bad I couldn't open my eyes. I know how I missed his perfect handsome face still I couldn't master up the courage to look him in the eyes. It's better to freak out loud than freak out silently I was dying of frustration. I calmed my inside and searched for the right words to say while my eyes are still closed praying that this was all a dream and not reality.