The Mystery Hire..

I woke up early in the morning with puffy eyes, ugh.. maybe I cried more than I had to. In me there is this void whenever I think of Mark. We never had anything serious apart from kissing, cuddles, and spooning during our nights on every trip. I try to tell myself that I was hurt by him cause he pushed me away without an explanation but the answer never satisfies me no matter how many times I convince my heart. This emptiness frustrates me day to day. I smile but it never feels like real because deep down I'm lifeless and lonely. He took a whole half of me with him.
It's a Friday a day of my interview at Patterson Enterprises one of the companies I snooped my nose in it's business luckily Mark Walker asked me to stop looking into Patterson's lives. I never tried to know anything about the company or any of its family members. There is one thing about Mark that I loved he knew when to stop and he would never do it again. He might have turned out a jerk but he was a gentleman.
Today I'm kind of nervous like something wrong is going to happen like always yet a small voice in me says I should hope for the best because there had been no phone call to cancel my interview. Mark would do anything to make sure I don't get a new job and his last words are always my reminder.

"Lucy... I have a promise to keep a promise to live... I can't let danger come to you any closer", it was a night in Plague Mark and I had to be there buying a company that will be profitable in the coming future for the Walker Cooperate. I had worked so hard to make it possible for Mark to lay his hand on it cause almost everyone was after the company. It was a joyful night and I had to relax and be stress-free for the next ten hours or more and yet he spoiled the mood with his mood swings. In my pink robe and a glass of champagne beside me outside a swimming pool I stare at him looking tall as always his long hair rough like he has been passing his hands through for a couple of minutes and his black shorts fitting him perfectly without a shirt on.

"I'm not in any danger and why would I be in danger when I'm with you? Explain and maybe I will try to understand". I pull my champagne glass as I stand and head inside the suite room we shared for a week now. With Mark I felt comfortable sleeping next to him knowing he wouldn't dare lay his fingers on me and try to strip me off without my will. I was like a flame that warms him yet too hot to touch . I hear footsteps as he gets in and shuts the door. He was weird since last night and now he was being weirder than ever.

"That's it... that's what I'm talking about, you being with me", he yells as he gets closer. "Lucy love I don't have time to explain a thing about how close you're into danger. The only thing I know I can't let anything happen to you", he talks pulling me closer. His hold tightens as his eyes search mine. He was being cruel, something I have never experienced from him before.

"Mark.. don't push me away. We always figure things out together, can't we figure out this together, just this once...Please?" I was begging like crazy, my body trembling in fear like I saw what the future had for me.

"I wanna hold you like this, spoil you with every penny I earn, travel the world with you as we conquer cities and their companies, running a fine business together but it can't be now or maybe it can never be", his grasp on my both hands was firm but his eyes were searching for a missing me I didn't know was lost.

"Mark please...", I said with a half cry. I have never seen him lose his cool before, he was holding back blows and yells and his anger was towards himself and all I wanted was to kiss all that away. Would a kiss fix everything? Right there I decide to do what was I'm my mind....I kiss him and kiss him over and over. As far as we have been together a kiss is something Mark prefers from me than a fuck and the reason behind this is a mystery I will never solve. After a couple of minutes of us kissing he pushes me away slowly with a a sigh that gave me the answer to it all that he was helpless and unsure of this decision but he had to make sure I get going far as possible from his life and everything. I cry to all the pain I was feeling I cry to the goodbye unsaid between us. This was it and right here was it's end.