Siblings..

It has been three weeks since I have been working with Mrs Patterson. Working with her has been really easy, she gets nice as days go by. And most of the time she prefer calling me by my first name. Her motherly being made me miss less the noise and chatter in our little café. At first I felt bored being here. I missed how I would wake up in the morning with the fragrance of fresh coffee ready to be saved. I missed seeing Mr&Mrs Marcus holding hand in hand coming to grab a cup of green tea and bites every day at 8 am. They are one beautiful aged couple I have never seen sometimes I wonder how they made it that far and they are still moving on with a love story to remember. I miss seeing people propose in the midst of their drink to their spouse. I miss seeing how relationships begin and end in the very own little café of ours. How people come to talk about sensitive issues over a coffee cup and leave like they never were there. Pamela made the company feel homey. She would sometimes call me in her office for lunch and talk to me about her family. Like she did last Wednesday.

"I miss my Sophia. I never mentioned I have an elder daughter named Sophia right? I have two lovely daughters, Linda and Sophia. I get reminded of her every time I see you. She is of your age", She states with a chuckle. We were in her office having lunch. The menu was one expensive dish, maybe from one of their restaurants.

"You never did. She is as charming as you're I guess", I say in emphasis with a smile washing my face. She was in a one-piece of trousers pant and it's long-sleeved coat grey suite looking beautiful as ever, her long gold blonds shining as its usuals. Her suit's fabric was a rare expensive, ones that are only customized for the wealthy or celebrities. The taste of her fashion is like one of the fashionistas. Maybe her youthhood was filled with a fashion world of her own, always dressed in an ean expensive well-organized clothes.
--------
I worked on the research she gave me in the past two weeks and I found out there were new malls and restaurants selling at a lower price while providing quality goods. I tried to find the person who owns them but didn't get cruel. It seems the owner didn't care about the loss he will encounter by taking such a risk, but his plan worked and paid well.

I gave my best by going to every mall, restaurants, and hotels they own. The one big mall is near Times Square, its grand in its own way. The Queen's, Brooklyn streets, and near the empire state tower are diners. In Chinatown and Central Park are two grand restaurants serving international cuisines and menu. I did research on the price, quality, and taste of the dishes saved and as for the mall, the quality wasn't the issue nor was the price. The issue was insufficient for  for for for for or forfortaffffffbers, packages, and on-time deliverance. Amendments were made, things fell in place. The issue wasn't all over, the malls selling at a lower price still ruined the business, but I was glad I did my best. And within this weekend Mr. Patterson and his son will be coming home. On Monday I will be meeting my real boss. I just hope things won't be hard. Just thinking of meeting him makes me nervous.
Maria and Elias became my friends, not as for best friends but friends in terms of them loving to visit our cafe and grab a drink or bites. I found that Elias dates Linda who works at our coffee shop and Maria is still single cause she is just 20 and doesn't want to waste her time on guys, she has a sick father to take care of. She told me few things about Houston Patterson that he hates employees who try to flirt with him and that he never dates his own employees. He hates mixing professional life with personal life. I never had friends, it was only I home and my work, and when I resigned it was just me and home and my family. Things were going my way and I missed one person I considered a friend, Claire. She was a college fellow back in California, one I felt to open up to whenever I needed a shoulder to lean on.