Feeling At Home.

"Babe what took you so long to come home? Where you on a date with this guy? Did he force you to go to work?" It was Edvin with his unending questions to Lucy. Hearing him calling her babe made me feel like a hole was being punched in my chest. A hole which made me feel hurt, empty and lonely. But why is this happening? She is just an employee like other employees I had in the past. And most important she can date whoever she wants, who am I to deprive that?

"Don't babe me, people might think we are dating. I needed a shower before meeting anyone that's why it took me so long to be home", her annoyed tone gave me a sense of relief. It proved that she has nothing to do with what Edvin feels for her.

"And why weren't you reachable?" He shot another question. And this time I had to answer that.

" I had her phone. Can you let her rest now, she might get a headache with all your unending questions". My tone was a bit harsh it made Edvin narrow his eyes.

"Is everyone okay here?" It was Pamela. Catherine was with her too. Seeing them made me feel much better, why? Because they care for Lucy.

"Welcome to our humble place", it was Anastasia coming from the kitchen. Jessy might have told her about their arrival.

"Thank you. You must be Anastasia. Lucy mentioned you last night", Pamela carried on while gaining a position on a chair she was offered by José. "Thank you young man".

"How are you doing dear?" Catherine asks Lucy after taking a seat too.

"I'm fine. Welcome. Its a pressure having you both here. You don't know how happy this made me. Please feel at home though its a coffee shop". We all laughed for her last words. Lucy knows how to turn an awkward moment in a joyous one. This might be one of the reasons why Pamela likes her.

"It is filled with a homey feeling, isn't it mom? Edvin stated and he was right, I felt the same feeling the day I came here for the first time.

Hours slipped by in a blur, the ladies were busy talking. Edvin and I helped Nathan and José to serve the customers. And for the first time I felt happy doing something apart from being a boss. I was a waiter, it felt peaceful though it was for hours. We had lunch made by Anastasia. Maria and Elias joined later after lunch, it was a houseful of people gathered together forgetting their differences and just being them enjoying a one beautiful Sunday. My eyes followed Lucy to every corner she went, paid attention to every little thing she did. I didn't want her to be far from the sight of my eyes, her safety has become my priority. All she did was glance at me every time she felt my eyes on her and smile.

"Aren't you starring too much?" It was Linda. Wonder when she showed up here, she really startled me. And I have to admit she caught me starring. Lucy changed into shorts and a tank top with purple slippers matching her top. She looks beautiful in every color.

"This calls for a gossip. Don't you think so brother?" Linda and gossips are friends though she doesn't leak family secrets but she is a fun of celebrities' gossips.

"Don't even think of it. You might suffer a whole year with nothing in your accounts". I said heading to the kitchen.

"Really?" She stated mockingly.

"Try me little sister".

"What are you guys talking about?" Lucy came with her curiosity. I told you she is too attentive, she notices everything any time.

"I caught him starring. You must be special to make him stare honey", Linda stated pattering Lucy's shoulder.

"Me and special? That's new. Maybe I should just change into something covering".