We only had two minutes to spare until Tom had to go to work but these two minutes were extra special somehow. In those stolen moments before we had to go back to being responsible adults, we were allowed to be foolish teenagers in love. The first time I experienced this was at the orphanage when we caused trouble during our first real kiss. Sometimes it's scary to think That at the prime age of 18 we are parents, home owners, and part of the work field.

   As he leaves for work less than satisfied being that he has to leave the comfort of his home and the arms of his wife, I can't help but already miss him. He was already down the road when he looked back briefly. I waved to him and he did the same, that was all I needed to want to run into his arms and kiss him once more but I know if I do I'll never let him leave. I walked inside and closed the door behind me. I don't know what I would do without his incessive badgering, and unlimited teasing. When he smiles which he does a whole lot more nowadays my heart fills with love and my stomach with butterflies. I sighed dreamily as I thought about how in love I am with him. The only thing that brought me out of it was Mr.Him running out of the kitchen jumping around excitedly. "Hey buddy, you hungry?" I said going into the kitchen to get him a bowl of food. Today I had to go into the floral shop or better known as Flower Fusion. I always bring my twins with me and the owner Cheryl doesn't mind, in fact she likes them there. Working helps me from going insane. Having no one to talk to but the babies for hours most times can be tough. Tom doesn't like that I work let alone at a muggle shop but I disregard his comments, he's just a ball of grumpiness.

  "You be a good doggy Mr.Him," I said before closing the door to the house. I began to push the stroller holding my twins down the path I take to the shop. The women there are actually nice for being muggles. They're always asking to come over and meet Tom, but I feel like they just want to be nosy and see what he looks like and see what my home contains. They talk about the latest trends nonstop. Not only that but Tom wouldn't like that at all. Just being here is risking him having a meltdown.

    "So I told him if you don't buy me the wash blaster 3000 I wouldn't wash his clothes anymore," Judith, a fellow florist, said. "And what did he say?" Mary asked in shock. "Well of course he bought it!" She said excitedly. "What color did you get?" I asked, taking a fascination with their materialistic mentality. "Shade number three, pale blue," she said pointing to a picture in a magazine of an automatic washer. "I just love my wash blaster 3000, my hands have never been so soft from not having to wash them by hand," Mary said looking down at her hands. "How about you Roslyn what model do you have?" Judith asked. "Oh I wash by hand," I said truthfully. The girls gasped and acted appalled by my confession. "Oh no hunny that's such a sin," Mary said as she rolled a bouquet of roses. "Automatic washers are the latest trend! Now that I have one I can't live without it. I'll tell you what, my husband is an appliance salesman he can get you a great deal," she said handing me an appliance magazine. I furrowed my brows and began to look through it while the girls continued to talk about their latest buys. "My Louie just bought me the latest walnut radio, it's a gem," Judith bragged as all the ladies tried to one up eachother. I started to feel so insecure for not having all of these things, it never really bothered me until now.

    While at home I couldn't stop marveling at all the wonderful contraptions in the magazine Mary gave me. I bit my lip and tried to picture a pale pink wash blaster 3000 in my house. The more I thought about it the more I wanted it. I'm sure we have sufficient funds, I work too after all. "The modern woman," I read the advertisement out loud. "Hmmm," Just then I heard the door open and in walked Tom. "Hey," I said with smile getting up to kiss him. "What do you have there?" He asked motioning to the magazine in my hands. "Well," I said taking his hand and leading him to the sofa. I sat on his lap and opened the magazine to the automatic washer section.

 "I was at the floral shop today and the women were talking about their latest purchases, and though I never ask you for anything I was wondering if we can get an automatic washer

"I was at the floral shop today and the women were talking about their latest purchases, and though I never ask you for anything I was wondering if we can get an automatic washer." I said showing him the ad for the washer. He looked at it for a few seconds before answering. "Why in the world would you want an automatic washer? You have magic for that," he said. "But you know I do our washing by hand Tom," I said. "That's a choice you've made, I just don't see it as logical to buy something you don't need," he said. "But all the women at the shop have one," I said disappointed. "Why on Earth would you want to compete with muggles?" He asked wrinkling his nose at the mention of them. "Well you don't want them to think we're below them do you?" I asked, playing on the fact that he hates the idea of us being below anyone, especially muggles. He looked at me with annoyance for a few seconds before grabbing the booklet to look at the ad once again. "This is foolish Roslyn. You don't need these gadgets to compete with those trollops, you're already far above them," he said assertively. "Fine," I said snatching the book from him and getting off his lap. "Don't tell me you're upset about this," he said as he followed me into the kitchen where dinner was cooking. "I'm not upset," I said to which he looked at me suspiciously. "You don't think I know you well enough to see when you're disappointed?" He asked. "What are you talking about?" I asked as I mixed the pot of sauce on the stove. "I don't have to use legilimens to know you're upset about this," he said. "Well if you tried i'd just block you out," I said without looking up at him. "Don't forget who taught you that," he said. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. "I'm the one who taught you occlumency I could easily tear down your walls," he said. "Well it's good thing I have nothing to hide," I said with a fake smile, wiping my hands on a dish towel while walking out of the kitchen. "I think it's very immature for you to be having a fit about this," Tom said following me. "I'm not having a fit, you said no so it's no," I said. "If only it were ever that simple," he said still eyeing me suspiciously. "Relax I'm not upset trust me," I said. "Sweetheart I don't trust you as far as I could throw you when it comes to you not getting what you want," Tom said. "Who said I'm not getting what I want?" I asked looking at him like he had three heads. "I do believe that was me," he said. "Oh right," I said as if he just jogged my memory. "You know what Roslyn? I just think you're bored, you have a little too much time on your hands so you're focussing on these trivial things that you think will occupy your time when really you should be focusing on what you're actually good at; being a wife and a mother. Now run along to the kitchen I'd like to have supper before eight tonight," he said before kissing my head and walking to the living room to read. I could feel myself physically twitch at his words. I'm not bored and I'm good at plenty of things besides being a wife and a mother. I was on the front of a magazine, I made oodles of coins just from being pretty, and I opened for the Weird Sisters all while I was teenager in school. I was really something great in my days and now all I am is Roslyn Riddle; wife of Voldemort. I wasn't really upset about the washer, but I'm sure upset now.
———//————///———-
Why do men say things like that??? Uh oh trouble in paradise once again? Tsk tsk. Any who more to come and remember leave me a comment I'm very lonely!

 Any who more to come and remember leave me a comment I'm very lonely!