Combat Baby 3

"I can't believe you did this," you muttered to Loki as you were entering the restaurant. Instead of going to a low key diner where you didn't have to change, Loki had used his charm to get you into a fancy five-star restaurant which had a dress code.

"Thank you," Loki paused, "wait that wasn't wonder. Are you upset with me?" he frowned. You disengaged eye contact with a sigh and glanced around the room, it looked like a speakeasy with its jarrah floorboards and beams.

"I just wanted to speak with Bucky alone. I don't need your snarky comments every time I mess up a word," your palms were so sweaty, Loki could sense your anxiety rising. The way you licked your dry lips and knawed at the inside of your cheek made him cross with himself. The number of emotions he was feeling made him sick.

"Let's sit," he didn't want to start a commotion with you in the middle of dinner.

"No, we're waiting for Bucky," you spoke sternly, something not a lot of people can do with the God of Mischief.

"He's not coming,"

"How would you know?" The trickster fell silent. The realisation washed across your face, "What did you do?" you slapped the dark green suited man on every word.

"Nothing!" he fixed his cuff, although after a few moments of your perfected puppy dog eyes he confessed, "okay I might have given him the wrong address," you couldn't believe your ears. Your neck went red with rage but you swallowed your screams and swears and took a long deep breath. The God stepped back.

"Where?" you murmured.

"Excuse me?"

"Where is he?"

"Darling, you really don't need to-"

"HERE HE IS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE GOD OF MISCHIEF HIMSELF-"

"Okay! Okay, I'll take you now!" he whispered, if anyone found out he was back on earth he'd be put on a spit. Loki took your hand and transported the two of you outside of a diner on 9th Avenue. You snapped back your hand and stormed into the late night restaurant. Loki had seen the way your face brightened when you saw the former winter soldier, you used to look that way at him. Loki swallowed his urge to tell you not to approach the man with the leather jacket and transported himself back to the compound. If he was out too long Thor would show up and ruin his mood even more.

Bucky was seated in a booth tracing his fingertips along the rim of his coffee cup. He had a frown on his face but once he heard that bell it was as if sparks flew. His eyes lit up at the sight of you running towards him in a deep red dress. It also alarmed and confused him.

"Bucky! I'm so sorry!" your chest heaved, not at the run but at the sight of him. He was just so pretty that it made you breathe a bit harder. Bucky had stood up to give you a hug, it wasn't your first hug but it was certainly different from any other embrace you've had with him. His arms hung low on your waist and his nose was in the crook of your neck. You both smiled at the scent of each other and separated.

"That's alright, doll, you're not that late. Where's the god of pranks or whatever?" Bucky asked, peering behind you. You hadn't even noticed Loki disappear, he must be feeling pretty bad and went to sulk somewhere.

"I'm not sure. He wasn't supposed to be here anyway. Tonight's our night," you grinned. Wait was that out loud? You sat before embarrassing yourself further. Bucky had to bite his lip to stop himself from grinning.

"You look..." he couldn't find the words so he just huffed out a chuckle. This time you stopped yourself from smiling. You didn't expect to feel so giddy and happy especially after feeling so nervous for the last 20 minutes waiting for Bucky at the fancy restaurant.