61. The Night to Relish...

"Bella," Leila squealed, her elegant black laced cocktail dress twirling side to side as she clapped in delight. The long sleeves were of net, and embroidered with flowers going from her wrist to the front her neck and around the back before circling her neck. The dress cut short by her knees and fastened at the waist with a metallic belt.

"Leila remind me again why we're trying on dresses?"

"Oh my Luna- I mean Nora, why can't we just spend an evening having fun?"

Its been weeks since I was back from the hospital and the days all went by pretty much the same and there wasnt a way for me decipher the days apart. I shake my head. "Okay, fine I suppose so."

It was so cute. Faded apricot in colour, bandeau pleated sleeves falling off my shoulders and sweeping the floor in entire floral lace gown. Maybe not appropriate for the weather but beauty is pain.

I lost count of days but my bump was slightly visible; it was almost as if I had a food baby instead of two twins growing in my womb. Maybe it was the dress, but I couldn't help but be freaked out that I'd be the mother of two humans in a matter of months. I could hardly take care of myself at 16, and...oh shit.

"Nora?" Leila's tone faltered into serious mode. She took a hold my shoulder, almost gasping from then sight of my hyperventilating. "Nora, deep breathes. You'll be fine. Whatever you're thinking, forget it."

Oh this wasnt good.

She looked more scared than me.

I wasn't very assured. What if I forget when to nurse them, or I make their diapers too tight? Or what if I forget their names, or forget their birthdays, or what if they grow up to become serial killers as famous as the Zodiac Killer?

This was a very valid reason to faint, and so I did, the world wrinkling from the corner of my eyes.

"Hey, hey I got you," Damon said by my ear appearing from behind, his hands pressed to my waist to keep me upright when I caught my breathe again. The colour was returning to my lost vision, and distorted shapes became sharper. "Calm down mio amore"

"I-I,"

"Nora, oh my gosh are you okay? I-Im sorry Alpha." Leila stuttered, standing not so close.

Damon must have had a good grasp on his wolf for he was calm when he said, "You're not to blame Leila. Nora here has some explaining."

"I-I wasn't feeling well?" It was more of a question. Leila seemed rested assured after a moments of hesitation but I could see Damon's lip refraining from speaking whatever was on his mind. "Why are you in a suit?"

"Why are you in a dress exposing more skin than covering?"

"I asked first," I frown.

Damon ignored me to say something to Leila in Italian, something I couldn't understand. "Im right here!"

Leila returned it with a mere nod and was about to turn away to leave when I called her out. "Wait Leila, I need to give you something."

Equally puzzled, both Leila and Damon watched curiously as I withdrew from him and stalked to the dresser and brought out the gift I had packed ages ago. "Leila, you've done for much for me and I've never got to thank you."

"Oh my Luna-"

"Nora."

"Yes right Nora."

"You must accept, you've not helped a fellow girl out in a time of need but also saved me and cared for me for the longest time. My sincerest thanks to you and you couldn't have had a better mate for Jordan. If he ever acts likes a jerk, you know which Luna to call," I embrace her, handing the wrapped box.