17. The Crest...

"Finally! Just when I thought I had to call Damon here to drag your ass into the car," Kaden smirks deviously.

I pretend to not hear as I step down the stairs with Leila was hanging on to me from my side. Leila lowers her head at the sight of Kaden, avoiding his murderous hawk-like eyes, staring down to the stairs.

"Really? I hoped you'd would enjoyed your time alone without babysitting me." I look dead into his eyes, my face holding no emotion.

"Likewise," he scoffed. "I'll be back in a second, have to make a phone call."

If I had my breakfast this morning, I would retched it all up from the sight of Kaden's wink. He lifted the phone to his ear and divided himself from us, quickly pacing back up to the house from where we just came from.

"Do you need a sweater my Luna?" I had forgotten Leila was here too. Her words made me realize just how much I was freezing.I hugged my arms, gesturing with my head no while staring straight beyond the fences in the distance, into the lost midst of trees, still heavily guarded by morning mist. Somewhere within me, I wished that I could run straight into those abyss of trees, freeing myself in the comfort of Mother Nature instead of the presence of cheats, greedy over power and ranks.

"Are you sure?" Leila asked, her voice small and trembling. I again nod silently, hoping she would go inside without telling her so.

"You should go inside Leila," I say, turning over my shoulder to see her. "I wouldn't want you to get sick."

She stood on the last step of the stairs with her hands playing on the loose thread of her cardigan. She looked up and when she met my eyes, she nodded, rejecting my offer without a second thought.

I smile sadly, turning my eyes back to the scene. Just as my eyes landed back to the fence, the silent mural was interrupted by the Silver gates screeching open from the hinges with 3 black SUV's, in a complementary fashion, roaring in on an alarming fast rate.

They curved their route around the circle flower bed, leaving tire marks on the pavement beneath and with the middle SUV, perfectly halting in front of me but a few metres distance apart.

I didn't move an inch nor do I react, but from behind hearing Leila draw in a loud gasp loosens me. I couldn't catch a glimpse of the driver nor the people inside because of the glass being tainted entirely black.

Then I heard the passenger side door click open and slam shut in sync from the other two cars present. Young men in their early 20's, step out 5 per each SUV, making a single line in front of the car facing me. They bowed in union, muttering Luna before rising to face me, their fist twisted behind them like soldiers ready for combat. 

I blank out for brief second, but come back when a single young gentleman early 20 with ruffled brown hair arrives from the passenger seat of the SUV the was directly in front of me.

"My Luna," he chides just as predicted, but still ends up sending a shiver down my spinal cord.

I nod stiffly, not moving my eyes from his. If my encounter with Kaden and Dr.Rossi had taught me anything, it was never let your guard down, even when your blinking. I glare at him plainly as he stand up straight, facing me with his gorgeous hazel eyes.

God damn, doesn't our Mate have the sexiest guys with the cutest eyes ever?! I thought I was about to cry from happiness.

June? Is that you?! I cry, wishing it were true.

The one and only, she sings, but ends up wincing. If you have any shed of love in your massive pile of hatred for me, please take it easy on me for the next day or so.