29. The Fight...

"Hey," A voice calls to me from the other side of the SUV, which was following the route away to disappearing. As it cleared away completely, a smile rose when I catch sight of Hunter, wearing his same boyish grin as I had left as that day outside of the church when he was taken away.

"Great to see you," He hugs, pushing his giant black bow aside, drawing himself closer. He was in a black Adidas shirt with matching black sweats, that made him look younger than usual. "You look certainly different."

"Thank you. Ive never been more happy to see you," I say, "but honestly. I don't know if I should apologise first or say thank you."

"For?" Hunter asks without the slightest bit of clue of what I was saying. He still had a bruise on his left cheek which was still in between the healing process with a bit blackness still under both of his eyes -most likely from a black eye, which I've seen plenty off when you growing up in a household with 3 guys.

"Apologise for Damon taking you away and me not saying a word to defend you. You have no idea how awful I feel and thank you for saving my life that night of the appearance," I said with the guilt slowly starting to fade.

"Being taken wasn't your fault and besides, haven't you heard. Let bygones be bygones, so forgot it." He said without a word of anger. "How'd you find out about the night of the appearance?"

He began a slow pace towards what looked like a running track- which had a couple of people doing all sorts of exercises on the grass in the middle. A wide variety of equipment littered the grass with minimal people there to use, so most half of the stuff was abandoned.

Crossing my arms and looking ahead across the horizon I smirk. "Leila told me. She said hot gossip flies faster than the service in this Pack."

I flip over to look at him, shaking his head tiredly while running his hand through his hair. "She wasn't lying about that. How is she anyway? Last I saw her, she had lost over 2 litres of blood, her body wasn't healing and her breathing was near to none."

I watched as his expressions went from lazy everyday to extremely dead serious at the mention of the her injury, in under 30 second flat. If the mention of her name made sparked something; perhaps she does have a chance after all. "She's good now. Walking without help. But you really should've taken her to the hospital instead of abandoning her to bleed to her death, rather than come running to deal with me."

He lowered his eyes in remorse. "Believe me when I say I've never regretted a decision more in life. I know it was wrong to leave her in that condition but when the Alpha called all the Warriors, my wolf, well, sort of took control and made me obey. It's not a excuse, trust me. I even wanted to make it up to her but-"

"But?" I leave the word hanging just as he did.

"It's hard." He chewed his lower lip, and squeezing his bow hardly with his clammy hand while looking off in the distance.

"Hey Hunter, what's that tower over here?" I gesture with a flick my head, looking at the front of tall, circular cement structure, built in front of the track, with a metal patio -maybe an observation deck, that had several men with clipboards, in-which they were writing away as they stole glances to look overhead in between writing. My arms were still wrapped over my arms, in a manner to preserve body heat. Why was I so cold?

"That's the head assessing tower Luna." He said over a minute of silence, looking at it gravely. "That's where the Gamma, or the Gamma's assistants, watch and assess the training from. They hardly ever talk to us. Instead they watch, make a report and finally, send the progress to both the Gamma and Alpha for inspection. Every region has its training center. This one is the main for the Pack."