36. The Truth Behind the City Lights...

"Where do think you're going love? Your new found lover's right before your eyes." His body pressed against to mine, trailing my now bare flesh with his bloodied palm, my back scrapping against the freezing concrete of the old alley out of the bar. He held a hand against the wall to grind me off. Sucking at the tenderest area of skin of my neck, my high pitch shrieks of protest went unheard by the ghost crowd gathered at the opening of the alley way, staring mindlessly with clear disgust at the sight before them. All members of Damon's Pack I've seen around the training ground or around else where with Stephanie at the front of them, wearing her signature crooked grin.

A rampage of whispers flooded my ear as he kept thrusting deeper and deeper while making sure to arch my back to bring my body closer to his. ' 'Shes the Luna? She cant defend herself even! What will she defend us!'

'Why couldn't the Alpha make Stephanie the Luna. They even know each well.'

'Id rather take Stephanie as Luna than her. At least Stephanie can fight like a Warrior.'' All words I've heard at one point; whether during the fight with Stephanie or appearance back...here. Each and every one held the same amount of truth as the previous, since all were spoken by real mouths from real people. 'And he rejected me for her. I pity him.' 'What a degrade for the Alpha...''

Yanking my head aside, he sunk his jagged canines into the scars of Damon's marks, letting the leftovers of my oppressed pain run free into the wind, my voice slowly going forgotten over the course of all the intertwined chorus of whispers.

"Nora!! Nora! Noraaaa!!!" I awake shooting upright tangled amongst the sheet waist down, cold sweat beading down my forehead and neck washed with salty tears. My breathing hitched. It felt as if my head were beyond disoriented from the over-flooding of thoughts.

"Hey. It was nothing. Just a nightmare. Breathe, deep breathes," Damon assured despite it all sounding as an order. Being already close enough at my side, he shifted closer and tilted my head towards his, "Easy simple breathes. In and out." He lead me, brushing my hair past my ear studying my face with grave concern knitting his brows. "In and out."

I swallowed my stale bile and followed along, matching my hysterical breathing to his soothing pace and calm voice. The harsh winter sunlight of January was shining in full through the drawn windows and patio doors with a welcoming chilling breeze. I should've been shivering to my death but something burning inside me kept me warm.

Damon was still in his white dress shirt and vest as the night before -now creased with wrinkles but sleeves rolled up at the elbows, his inked brand staring up at me. Sharing the same sheets with me, our bodies were oddly close, maybe a bit too close for my comfort.

His body was right next to mine as if I had fallen asleep on him and I couldn't help but consider, why he hadn't bother to move me if I had. My eyes betray me, rising into his. Damon never failed to shocked me with his handsomeness, even in morning when he should've been hung over after a long night.

That's when my mind drifts and I take ownership to notice my clothing; I was stripped and changed into a baggy shirt -which smelled of Damon and his excotic scent of pine cones. "Keep breathing," he drawled with deathly silence once I had stopped to admire his features. I could not only hear his desperation for me to carry on but also feel it in every living breathe he drew, in his darkened enraged eyes, through our bond. He was a living heartache. Had one night changed so much?

The thought rose back the bile I had somehow managed to choke down, back into my mouth and I tore away the sheets and ran off the bed, stepping off the sides of the bed and nearly colliding with the floor in-between the final steps with my trembling legs, in the direction of the washroom. I had nearly missed when I collapsed in front the toilet, heaving up my leftovers of what remained of yesterday's meal.