forty - i trust you.

the road i walked was both long, and cold. it's the first time i've ever really felt alone since everything. since the first day that i met hank and connor. since i killed my owner. as the rain fell, i felt a sense of both deja vu and nostalgia rush over me. i recognized the android junkyard to my right. there, androids went to die. in a way, it's like our cemetery. some of them climbed on one another to get to land. in hopes of being safe.

i didn't care to stop and help them. the software would be damaged and finding good parts out of the cyberlife business area was rare. i continued pressing down the road, to the police department.

thirium 310 levels low.

as the warning found it's way across my eyes, i gave a deep and extended sigh. i should've ripped off some of melina's dress to wrap my finger, i scolded myself. folding my finger into the palm of my hand, i held it there, letting a small wince leave my lips as the plastic met the skin.

as i continued to walk, i spared not a second glance to anything but the road ahead of me. animals that stood there, staring at me, skittishly ran off the second i met their eyes. as my legs began to grow tired, i felt ultimately calm. the feeling of the rain setting against my skin smoothed over. as the smell of the fresh rain found its way to my lungs, i felt at peace. i felt that if everything was going to fall apart here, i would be okay with it.

the androids were treated equally, to a certain extent, connor was the one i would love, and i was ready to spend my life as sumo's dog walker.

i paused a moment, standing in the road. i looked straight ahead, taking in the sound of pitter patter on the concrete, and the smell. the sky was dark, and there wasn't a star in the sky from all the light pollution in the city, but it still looked beautiful.

as i enjoyed the rain, i felt that everything was completed. that i had played my part in the game called life, and that i finished it.

my pace quickened as i hurried out of the backroads. back in the city, the androids littered the city, dressed in clothing other than the bland android uniform. at first, i felt out of place, being a deviant android in the very state that manufactured the androids, but now, i felt safe, and secure. they were everywhere, and possibly overruled humans.

as i pushed past some androids, politely saying excuse me, and making my way down, i found myself back in front of the android store. where i first met markus. he was still underneath a human, but there isn't anything wrong with that.

the cyberlife store still sold androids, but they were much high tech. they were stronger, and not able to become deviant.

furrowing my eyebrows, i continued on. i used to watch from the sidelines and worry for the working androids, but then i look at myself, and i worry for my future. but then again, i worry that the future i hope for isn't good enough.

the police department was in front of me, but i was hesitant to walk through. all the questions, and the quizzing, and everything felt overwhelming. but, i knew it was best to get it over with.

as i stepped in through the door, i linked with the lady at the front desk and found myself at hank's desk.

i shoved my hands in my pockets and sat in the chair.

the two weren't anywhere to be seen, and yet, i already felt the tension rising. oh, how i hoped that the thirium wasn't seeping through.

"lieutenant anderson, you don't understand! ajax isn't like that! she wouldn't up and leave without saying something." the voice was all too familiar, and yet, i wasn't feeling any better. "please, we need to file a report. i'm worried."

hank sighed, "connor, i understand, but we have to wait until a full twenty four hours. it's only been fifteen hours." hank looked down at the ground, walking to his desk, "just, get to work." hank sighed to connor. when he turned back, hank gasped, "ajax?"

mentally thinking about the result if i pulled out my hand without the skin, i was quick to react with my other hand, "hey, guys."

connor didn't spare a moment before wrapping his arms around my waist and sighing, "i was so scared. the last i heard melina said you went missing."

i scratched behind my head, "connor, about melina-"

connor interrupted with a tight hug, "i didn't know what i would've done without you."

"connor, i really need to talk to you." i whispered.

"let's go over here and sit down." he pulled me over to a bench away from the others, "what is it?"

"connor, melina kidnapped me." i stated, "she was behind the murders. i guess she was in some kind of cult, and... and," i frowned, "connor, if i didn't get out of there, i could be dead. i could be in that android junkyard."

connor grabbed my hand, "ajax, how'd you get away?"

my tear ducts reacted before my mouth, "i had to... i had to kill her." i wiped my tear away, "you see this scar on my nose, that's from her. she cut me, with a scalpel."

connor's eyes scanned me, "so, what are you going to do?"

"i'm gonna come clean." i looked him deep in the eyes, "about everything. about the west detroit murder, about the death of melina. the sentence i get, is the sentence i get." i pulled out my hand, showing him the damage melina did to my hand, "i wouldn't have gotten this if i was destroyed there."

connor reacted quickly, "ajax, you can't come clean! you'll be taken away."

"connor, you don't understand, i've kept this hidden for a long time. melina said she recognized me, how long before someone else does? then i'll be a unconvicted criminal who is seen as the murderer for these crimes."

"ajax,"

"connor, i have to." i held his hands, "trust me."

he looked me in the eyes, and nodded, "i trust you."

i smiled, and stand from the bench, walking towards an empty desk in the middle of the room, clearing my throat, i sighed, "i... i have something important to say." i felt the tears roll down my cheeks, "when i first got here, i was scared. i was an android, a deviant android, but yet, i found comfort here." i looked at everyone, "and, that comfort is still there, but, it'll be gone soon." i swallowed roughly, "a while ago, like a few months, i killed my owner, and today, a few hours ago, i killed someone else. i killed a prime witness in the case lieutenant anderson and detective reed have been working on." i cried, "i'm sorry. i'm sorry, hank. i'm sorry, connor. i'm sorry, gavin. i'm sorry, rk900." i couldn't say another word as i was pulled from the table and my wrists were locked in between the metal cuffs. my watered over eyes looked at connor, one final time.

time seemed to move in slow motion as i watched connor's tears fall from his eyes.

"i love you, connor." i smiled for the final time before i spent my life in prison.