five - with what?

while connor gathered clothing for hank, i resided in the kitchen and cleaned up the mess the two made. i used a broom and dust pan to clean up the glass that connor made when he arrived. i used a damp paper towel to pick up any smaller pieces.

"ajax." i jumped and turned to see connor behind me, "sorry."

"no... no. it's okay." i threw the paper towel in the trash, "what is it?"

"how long have you been staying here with lieutenant anderson?"

i scrunched my nose, "not very long. i originally was going to leave after one night, but mr. anderson insisted i stayed."

connor nodded, "why is it your so close with sumo?"

"with sumo?" i chuckled, "he's a very lovable animal." i smiled as the dog rested on his bed, "i thought i was nice to get close to him as mr. anderson isn't home all too much."

"why is it you're wearing that beanie?"

"oh... this old thing? i'm wearing it because my hair isn't too good today." i scratched my neck.

"i see. i'll let you return to your duties." connor smiled again, walking away and heading to mr. anderson's room.

software instability: please contact nearby cyberlife store.

i finished cleaning up the kitchen, placing the .357 gun onto the kitchen table. i walked back to the bathroom and watched as mr. anderson puked his guts out. i rubbed his back softly, calming him.

"are you alright, lieutenant?" connor asked, setting the clothing down on the skin counter.

mr. anderson coughed at the acid that left his system and left a disgusting burning in his throat, "yeah... yeah... wonderful... just a... give me five minutes, okay?" i patted mr. anderson's back and walked out with connor.

connor looked at the gun, "what were you doing with the gun?" he asked.

"russian roulette! wanted to see how long i could last. must've collapsed before i found out." mr. anderson answered. the list that i had once received when i first viewed the gun, seemed to end there. suicidal tendencies was highlighted in white.

connor opened the chamber, "you were lucky, the next shot would have killed you." connor set the gun down and stood up. he grabbed the back of the chair and the leg, and set it up right. "sorry about the window, lieutenant. i really thought you'd been attacked. of course, cyberlife will pay for the damage."

"yeah, trust me, i'll send 'em a bill..."

connor lifted the blues record on the turntables, and analyzed it. he must've found that hank enjoys jazz. connor walked to sumo and crouched down to pet him.

software instability: please contact nearby cyberlife store.

"i told you he's lovable, didnt i?" i smiled.

connor sent a smile to me, nodding. he walked  to the desk, and picked up a photo that was faced down.

connor analyzed the photo and the results were shocking to say the least. the picture was of mr. anderson's deceased son, cole. i had been avoiding the subject for a while, but yet, it made me wonder what happened.

mr. anderson walked out of the bathroom, dressed messily, but dressed no doubt. connor looked between mr. anderson and i.

sumo walked up to me and laid down.

"be a good dog, sumo. take care of ajax. i won't be long." mr. anderson nodded.

"shouldn't it be the other way around where i take care of sumo, and not him?"

mr. anderson looked at me, "no."

"hey!" i joked, "please be safe, mr. anderson. you too, connor."

"will do, ajax."

connor gave a smile, "you take care, ajax. sleep well."

software instability: please contact nearby cyberlife store.

i nodded. as the two stumbled off to the edge of the road, connor climbing into the drivers seat of mr. anderson's car, i shut the front door, sliding down against it, my hands to my head.

i pulled off the beanie, and scratched at the led light on my temple. for the past... the past hour connor was here, the led was changing between a off yellow and a fiery red. the warning of having to contact the cyberlife store only made everything worse.

the heel of my palm seemed to meet my forehead as i hit myself in an attempt to forget the embarrassment i put myself through.

who was i, to start liking a cyberlife prototype that would be eventually sent off after the deviant cases were to be solved? who was i to hope that i had a chance?

but... he wouldn't be sent away if the deviants aren't caught. and the unlisted registration form for the custom made android named katelyn wasn't easy to find.

because katelyn wasn't here anymore. she wasn't there to cook and clean, she wasn't there for personal relief, and she definitely wasn't there for disgusting nights after cooking a pound of deer.

katelyn was now me, ajax. i was different from katelyn. and that was never going to change. i am deviant. and that was enough for me.

you'd think as a deviant, i'd have more control over the emotions i feel. you'd think the overwhelming feeling of affection and attraction would be under control.

you'd think that i would know better than to like a cyberlife android that was helping the police to find you and others.

with the thoughts running through my head, i sat on the couch, laying myself down in a comfortable position. the television was changed from the sports channel to a children's show. my eyes, as i laid there, seemed to grow heavy and i rested for the very first time.

i didn't dream, but being able to shut my eyes and feel the sleep mode hitting me all at once, it was relaxing.

sumo laid at my feet, the television's colors reflected off onto the wall, and a comfortable breeze blew through. it was almost like i was in paradise.

for the first time ever since everything has happened, with my owner, with the robbery, with connor, i was finally relaxed. i was able to clear my mind, and rest my plastic body. and it was enjoyable.

(a/n: once again, i'm sorry for the short chapter. everything will pick up eventually, i promise you guys. and we met connor! yay! we're getting there my friends!)