59

A/N: anyone want a tbt to my concert? i'm gonna put some anyways to bless you with some pictures

sorry, daniel and corbyn were on the other side so i couldn't get much of them

sorry, daniel and corbyn were on the other side so i couldn't get much of them. jonah and jack were a bit too far as well. it was mainly zach near me :/

i mean i'm not REALLY complaining because i love zach but i'm more of a corbyn gal

and i'm sososo sorry for taking so long i was having a writers block for this one so i set it off for about 4 days to get ideas

Day 110

Zach

Zach had to go back. He knew it would hurt Jack, but Jack's hurt him plenty of times, one time wouldn't do much. He needed to get Ryan out of there — his father only got worse when Zach left. More drinking, leaving him home alone for multiple days. He's only thirteen, it was horrible.

However, Zach couldn't afford another plane ticket, meaning, he would have to break the news and have Jack drive him all the way to Dallas. Meaning, he'd have to sit in a car with him for near twenty-four hours. Meaning, it'd be one awkward couple of days. And Zach couldn't handle that.

The younger was laid out on the somewhat comfortable couch, it was late at night. Past midnight. Jack was on the bed in the other room, Zach wanted a bed, but he couldn't get one of course. His eyes flicked around the room, bored. He wanted to talk to Jack, but at the same time, he really didn't. Zach soon decided he would at least try to sleep. But the door opened, startling him.

Jack came out in baggy plaid pants and a white jumper, and took a peek at Zach, who was 'asleep'. The younger sat there, breathless, trying to look as unconscious as possible. His small frame was wrapped in a small thin blanket — he was freezing.

It was weird. Jack just sat there, he wasn't even moving. He just... sat there. Zach couldn't tell what he was doing as his back was turned to the elder, but not a noise was made in the room. It was dead silent. Suddenly, he heard Jack get up again, going to the fridge, humming a song Zach didn't know. A small crackle was made, supposedly a soda drink.

Zach could feel Jack's presence coming closer to him, and a shadow was casted over the couch. "Are you awake?" Jack asked softly. Zach didn't move, which caused a quiet sigh out of the elder. "I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. It isn't my fault, k-kinda." he sighed again. "And I know you aren't awake, but I-I don't know. I'm just having a difficult time. Goodnight, I- no. I'll save it." he whispered, turning the lights off.

Zach got chills as soon as the door closed. He sat up and placed his large pillow in his lap, placing his arms on it. He huffed a loose hair out of his view, slouching his back, pouting his bottom lip. He was confused. One moment Jack is ignoring him and yelling at him, another moment he's acting soft telling him he's sorry? It had Zach in question. What could the elder be doing? It was giving him mixed emotions.

~~

A large ray of light peeking through the window blinds bothered Zach enough to get up.  Jack was never awake at this time, which Zach could tell. The time zones also messed him up a bit as Dallas was one hour behind, meaning he'd wake up earlier.

Although, Zach didn't exactly know how to cook besides sandwiches, cereal, and microwaveable mac n'cheese, he wanted to make himself breakfast.

He grabbed out pan and accidentally clanked it on the oven, startling him. After, he hurled a bag of flour and a carton of milk onto the counter. Zach had no idea what he was doing. But, he was using google on what he needed, and google is the best source. He placed an egg carton, baking powder, sugar, and two sticks of butter on the counter next to his other supplies like a whisk and two bowls.

Zach wasn't too sure if he needed two sticks of butter, but butter tastes good. So the pancakes will taste better. He didn't realize about the one thing he forgot though.

The whisk went through the ingredients with ease, making Zach smile as he knew he was doing it right. He turned the top part of the oven on, he didn't remember what it was called though. But he knew he shouldn't put the pan in the drawer looking thing.

He poured his mixture onto the pan, noticing it looked a bit chunky, thinking he put too much butter. Or was he supposed to put the butter on the pan? Zach left the pancake to burn on the stove as he went back and checked the list. Shit, he was supposed to put the butter... and oil? Zach shrugged, assuming it wasn't too important.

Zach went back to his creation to see it looked good enough to flip. He took out the spatula to dig under the pancake — only it was stuck.

"Shit shit shit." Zach mumbled as he scraped up burnt pancake that was stuck to the pan, careful not to put his hand inside it.

Another thing he forgot, he should hold the handle. Which is what he quickly learned as the pan flew across the room with the spatula still in hand, making a large noise on the wooden floor. "Fuck!" Zach yelled, running to pick the metal up. Soon smelling smoke.

"Zach?" Jack asked in shock as he opened his door, rubbing his eyes to make sure what he was seeing wasn't a dream.

Zach's neck snapped to look at the older. "I can explain?" he tried to reassure.

"Zach, you left the stove on!" he ran to the smoking stove, turning everything off. "What the — what the fuck?"

The younger's eyes turned wide. "I-I uh-just wanted to make pancakes."

"You didn't need to do this!" he facepalmed, "You could've just asked me, Zaaach!" Jack stretched out his name in annoyance while throwing his head back. "You ruined my pan..."

"Sorry."

"It's okay." Jack sighed. "But how do you not know how to make pancakes?"

Zach looked down in disappointment. He thought he could do something for once.

_____

A/N: alright sooo no offense but i've already said i would appreciate if you didn't yell at me to update thank you. i know you may enjoy the story, but it just bothers me a little.

but thank you so much for 56k reads 💜