Chapter 16

"So how does it feel to be on the road to the Olympics?"

I tried not to shift in the uncomfortably firm high chair for the interview. Jason sat on my left, Finn on his left, and Ant on Finn's left. Rob sat on my right. He chose to answer the dark haired man first.

"Honesty? It feels almost surreal. I think Jason, and maybe even Anthony, would agree that after spending so much time in a sport professionally and not getting recognition sucks. We love the game but now that we're finally on the world stage, it feels surreal." The selection process for the interviews was pretty straightforward. Nike basically pointed at the girl, the Asian, the African American, the Latino and the token white guy and said 'we'll pay you an extra ten grand for doing an interview' it was a no brainer. We were all hear already for a photo shoot with the team but the interview was just an extra.

The man interviewing us seemed to be in his forties or early fifties. He nodded thoughtfully at Rob's answer while Jason and Anthony voiced agreement. Ant hand only been pro for one year but he agreed anyway. "And how does it feel for you, Finn and Sylvia?"

"I think I can for both of us when I say that it feels beyond surreal. I mean, we were just two high school kids and then we're graduating early to go to DC to train for the Olympics. Lacrosse was always our passion but I don't think we could have even dreamed making it to this point." Finn answered.

"Especially me," I added while William, the interviewer, nodded.

"I hope you don't mind fellas, but this ones more aimed at Sylvia." We all nodded respectively as the older pale man continued. "Did you face any discrimination through out your career? Feel free to name drop, that's how we sell more articles." He joked with a smile, earning a chuckle from me the laugh from the others.

I tried not to move my crossed legs too much as I answered. I felt like my knee was in my chest. He was obviously trying to get me to talk about my rape but I wouldn't let that happen. The trial had finished, the facts were all out there. I wouldn't speak about it anymore to the press. "Of course I did," I answered without hesitation. "At my old school in California, there were a lot of private schools in the area who had issues with my school letting me play on the boy's team. Junior year I found out they were closing my school and I had to search from coast to coast to find a team willing to let me play. Somehow, that lead me to one of the lacrosse capitals of the world."

"Did your teammates ever discriminate against you?"

I smirked a little, knowing that Finn was wondering how or if I'd call him out. "No, my teammates never discriminated against me.  I actually never had any issues with any of my teammates except for this one guy in Senior year. Granted, that was just a battle of egos but we got over it."

"Are you friends with this person?" Will asked with a raised eyebrow. No one would know it was Finn expect maybe Jason.

Until now.

"We were best friends by November," I assured him. "But I'd say he's more of a lover now." My lips formed an obnoxious smirk.

"I should have known were this was going." Jason groaned while Will smiled warmly at Finn. He didn't let it phase him, my boyfriend looked as impassive as ever with a small smirk on his lips so he didn't look too hostile to the cameras.

"What do you mean by that Jason?" Will questioned.

"Exactly what I said. I didn't know why Sylvia was talking about but Finn and her probably have the two biggest egos in the world. They're replicas of each other."

"Oh, yeah?" Williams slender hand turned a page in his printed packet of questions. "I have it hear that you three were friends at the Trials."

"Yeah," Finn jumped in. "Our try out group was a bunch of college kids, Jason, Sylvia and I so naturally the three of us stuck together."