Chapter 24

The locker door I was standing in front of closed and a strong arm was placed in front of my view.

"Can I help you?" I asked sarcastically while turning to face my boyfriend. He had an almost blank look on his face. His hand stayed against my now closed locker.

"We need to talk."

I crossed my arms and leaned against the cool blue metal, waiting for Finn to spit out whatever was obviously on his mind. When he wouldn't speak, I did. "Is this about what happened today?"

"You mean when you got knocked on you ass twice in a row? Yeah." Finn said before crossing his own arms and leaning against the lockers, mirroring my stance. The corners of his lips were slightly downturned.

"Finn, I'm fine. Besides, this was one time. Name another time where I got knocked on my ass like that." I pointed out. I was not in the mood to argue with him.

"You're right. You don't." Obviously I wasn't going to win the argument that easily, so I waited for Finn to continue. And believe me, he did. "You're the one usually knocking others on their asses. Because it only hurts the person on the ground, not the person who just rammed into them."

There it was.

"I think you are over reacting. You never had a problem with it before and I was told I could play sports." I fired back calmly. Neither one of us wanted to get into a fight so our voices were low and quiet. There was a huge difference between an argument and a fight and I was trying to steer clear of the later. We did not need that right now.

"I never had a problem with it before because you weren't pregnant before." Finn almost hissed in a low whisper. "I'm more than sure that Dr. Simpson would not agree with whatever the hell just happened on that field. You could have very easily hurt yourself or the baby if you fell flat on your stomach instead of your side."

My eyes studied his concerned face. Finn's eyebrows were pulled together and his dirty blonde hair looked like he ran his hands through it one too many times. "Finn, I'm two weeks from the second trimester. Falls shouldn't hurt anyone until the late half of the second trimester and the third." I said gently.

Of course, Finn already had a retort. He was nothing if not prepared. "Yes for a regular fall. Not getting hit in the side with a metal shaft before being slammed into the ground then smashed between two 180lbs plus men. Not to mention the fact that you got hit so hard you skidded a good foot on the turf. Sean wasn't kidding when he said that's some compilation level shit."

Even I had to admit, that both of those hits would have made it on one of those viral YouTube videos with millions of views. I'd be tempted to upload it myself but I'm pretty sure Coach wouldn't be into that. Nike might not be into me getting my ass kicked either.

Oh well, I already signed the contact so that's their problem.

"Look, I'm just concerned. Most pregnant women aren't playing contact sports. I'm not just concerned about the baby, in concerned about you. What happens if you get hurt and it causes complications? Despite what you seem to think, you can't tough your way through a pregnancy. You need to be careful." Finn said, his voice softening. His right arm uncrossed from his left as he rested it on my upper left arm, his warmth radiating through my bare skin. "I don't want to scare you but I also don't want to lose you."

It was hard to argue with a man who's in the middle of telling you that he doesn't want you to get hurt. I closed my eyes before letting out a breath. "Okay. I'll be more careful. Would that make you happy?" Being careful wouldn't stop people from body slamming into me and Finn knew it. He must have know this conversation wouldn't get far because he agreed with me before waiting for me to finish grabbing my stuff.