Chapter 37

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, giving Sam a look that told him exactly what I thought. "Over dramatic much?"

"What?!" Sam help his hands up defensively, my phone in his right hand. "I'm just saying, there's probably a lot of horny guys in your DMs. Have you seen your Instagram?"

"Yeah. And?" I asked sarcastically while taking a bite of my cheese pizza slice. I was quite boring when it came to my toppings. The only time I didn't get cheese was when I could get buffalo chicken. That was heaven on earth.

Sam, Finn, and I were hanging out I my basement, eating pizza and playing Super Smash Bros Brawl on my Xbox. GTA? Black Ops? Forget it. Super Smash Bros until I fucking die.

Al was busy with her mom and Jason was taking a day trip to visit his friends in Boston since it was a short two hour drive. Compared to 7 or 8 hours, it was a walk in the park. His mother was in California so he wouldn't be seeing her. They only usually saw each other once a year in reality. "I post to get likes so I get more money from Nike. They're the only sponsors I can get because it's Olympic related, not school. Anything else is considered breach of NCAA rules." I explained to Sam from where I sat on the floor, leaning against the back of the leather sectional couch.

Finn was sitting on the couch to my right, his leg pressing against my arm as I leaned into him slightly. Sam was also on the carpeted floor, leaning against the couch at the other part of the 'L' shaped sectional.

"Is it really that complicated?" Sam asked while tilting his blonde head towards me and watching me through the tops of his eyes in a sarcastic manor.

"Yes, actually." I pointed out. "On top of my contract, I get $5,000 per sponsored post now that I just passed one million followers. If I post one Nike sponsored picture a week, I need to post around two or three normal photos that week so my page isn't one big ad. But, I'm lucky because the ad's aren't obvious. It's just like a picture of me wearing Nike sneakers or spandex which is something I do already." I explained.

I had to make my money now, while I could. Once my Nike contract is up in a year and the Olympics are over, I'm stuck acting like every other jobless NCAA player.

"So that means every picture needs to be of your ass?" Sam asked in mock confusion. He didn't mean it in an offensive way, he was just joking around with me.

"You're an idiot." Finn pointed out while leaning forwards to place his empty paper plate on the wooden coffee table. "First of all, sex appeal sells. Second of all, it's not like it's trashy. It's just her body posing and half the time she's not even in workout clothes; she's dressed up nicely. What's she supposed to post pictures of? The ground?" Finn defended in a sarcastic tone similar to Sam's. Spoken like a true business finance student.

"I don't only post my body." I interjected.

"No, you also post pictures of your model-esk boyfriend's body next to yours." Sam laughed while running his hands through his blonde surfer like hair. My best friend needed a major hair cut, it was approaching man bun status and I was not okay with it.

I might let his roommate kill him.

"I mean look at this one," Sam said and flipped the phone around to probably my most risqué shot on the entirety of the internet, including the Body Issue I did for ESPN. That was saying something.

"Okay, but look at the likes on that. That's more likes than I have followers. 1.8 million likes when you only have 1 million followers is like gold." I pointed out while my eyes scanned over the picture. You know those pictures where girls get sternum tattoos and they show some under boob but cover most of it with their shirt? Mine was a little different.