Chapter 10

Finn and I continued to trade unless facts about Connecticut, like how Caitlyn Jenner and Mark Twain lived here, well into the early hours of the morning. At one point we eased through the warm water as we walked along the shoreline and back. I loved to feel the rising and falling of the waves in my calves.

Somehow we ended up chasing each other around the beach at which point Finn laughed at me for having my hold my boobs as I ran without a bra to which I responded by tackling him into the sand. We rolled around like elementary school kids before retiring and staring up at the stars that where fading into the orange and pink sunrise in the East.

We much have fallen asleep on the beach because we were both jolted awake by the luke warm water splashing up on our calves. I jolted up from where my head laid on Finn's chest and I scrambled away from the shore line where the high tide was starting to come in.

My careless regard for the disturbance of Finn's sleeping body as I fled in combination with the water crashing against his bare hot skin caused my boyfriends eyes to shoot open. I watched with amusement as he too scrambled like a newborn giraffe to get out of the waves. He glared at me with those deep jade eyes when I burst out laughing at him.

I had forgotten how much fun we had when there was nothing on the outside world to worry about. When reality fell away and we could just be ourselves without a care in the world. No trials, grades, money, other people, lacrosse, anything. Just us.

It made me remember what it was like to be a little kid. But it also brought out the best in our personalities. The things that often hid away when life got stressful. We didn't have news crews stalking us or people with their eyes glued to our every move; We were ourselves and only ourselves.

Moments like these made me fall in love with Finn all over again. It gave me the space to see all the small things we did together when times got tough and appreciate the current time we were having.

I lived for moments like this.

"Do you know what time it is?" I asked Finn while he ran his hand through his sexily messy hair. It was the perfect length to sweep to the side without product and just long enough to fall over his forehead when hit hand brushed it.

"No. I didn't bring my phone, dumb ass." He replied while messing with my hair. I swayed his hands away and pushed his chest with both hands. Finn stumbled back a step before scoping me up in his arms and throwing me over his shoulder.

It didn't take me long to realize what he was doing. "Finn! I'll fucking kill you! I'm breaking up with your ass! I'm serious!" I honestly tried my best to twist out of his grip. I didn't just hit his back like cliché little girls in books, no I practically twisted his arm off, I was moving around so much.

One of his arms was around my hips while his other large hand held the backs of my thighs against his chest so I couldn't kick him. "Finn I literally swear that I'm going to break up with you if you drop me in the water!"

"But you 'love me more than I can comprehend'. You wouldn't torture yourself like that." Finn laughed satanicly.

"I'll drag you under with me! And don't give me that 'I hate you more than I love myself crap' because we know that's not true!" 

"What if I love to annoy you more than I love myself? You can't argue with that." He retorted as his ankles hit the ice water. It wasn't freezing, in fact it was probably the same temperature as last night but the hotter atmosphere made it feel colder by comparison.

"But you love me and annoying me makes me unhappy but you should want to make me happy because you love me so this is a bad choice on your part." I started rambling, abandoning the panicked tone that wasn't working on him. God knows this won't do anything either.