Ch. 9 Don't beat yourself up like that

January 2, 2006. 

Monday.

Angel wakes up from his slumber. He blinks thinking that what happened last night was all a dream. He sits up straight and winces when he feels a sharp pain coming from his stomach region. He looks down, and eyes widened when he sees a bandage wrapped around his stomach region. He noticed that he is shirtless as well. 

' What happened?' Angel asked himself in thought. 

Angel looks at his surroundings and blinks when he sees that he fell asleep at the security guard's office. His sensitive ears hear soft snoring. He turns his head to the right and sees his uncle, Larry asleep on the floor with a first-aid-kit close to his chest and a bloody towel laying on the floor beside him. 

" Uncle Larry," Angel calls out to Larry. 

" Huh?" Larry wakes up from his slumber and sees Angel looking at him with worried eyes. " Angel!" He sits up straight and looks at his nephew with a worried expression. " How are you feeling?" He asked. 

" For a second, I thought I was dreaming that the exhibits were brought to life and that I met a handsome Pharaoh named Ahkmenrah who saved me from nearly killed by Attila the Hun, but instead I got injured because he was going to hurt Ahkmenrah," Angel babbles to Larry. 

Larry nods his head and chuckles. 

" Well. All of that happened, Angel," He tells Angel. " You know it was hard convincing your Romeo to go back to his sarcophagus because he didn't want to leave your side," He looks at his nephew. " He is smitten towards you," He tells him. 

Angel blushes as he rubs his bare right arm with his left hand. He looks at Larry with a saddened expression. 

" The only reason he likes me is that I remind him of his dead lover," He whispers feeling a little sad since the handsome Pharaoh only likes him because he looks like another man name Asim. 

" Don't beat yourself up like that," Larry tells Angel as he stands up and stretches. " I remember Romeo said and I quote. 'Asim or Angel. I don't care what you go as because you are my Queen no matter, what," He tells him. 

Angel didn't know what to say. 

A few seconds later. 

" I see," Angel whispers. 

" You know Romeo was helpful. He kept you company and made sure that nothing terrible happens to you while I watch over the exhibit until midnight strikes. At 11: 30 PM, I came back to the room and see Romeo sitting on the floor with a peaceful sleeping expression while holding your hand. Teddy helped me convince Romeo to go back to the Egyptian Exhibition," Larry tells Angel. 

Angel wears a curious expression. 

" What convince him?" He asked Larry. 

" Seeing you when he wakes up," Larry tells Angel. 

Angel blushes feeling embarrassed as he shyly looks away from Larry. 

Larry chuckles finding his nephew adorable when he is embarrassed. 

" We should get going," He tells Angel. " I found an extra shirt with your size in the closet," He turns around and walks towards the closet. 

Angel looks back at Larry. 

' Ahkmenrah stayed by my side throughout the whole night to keep me company,' He thought somehow feeling happy about it. 

" Here you go," Larry speaks up as he held a gray shirt to Angel.

" Thank you," Angel grabs the shirt and puts it on. 

Larry looks at Angel. 

" When we get home. You can take a shower and do whatever you want or continue to rest since you probably want to see Romeo when we get to work," He tells Angel. 

Angel glares at Larry a little. 

" Why do you call him Romeo?" He asked Larry. 

" It's easier than say whatever his name is because it's long and hard for me to say," Larry tells Angel. 

" It's not that hard to say. His name is Ahkmenrah," Angel tells Larry. 

" It's not that hard for you because he is your future lover," Larry teases Angel. 

Angel blushes. 

" Ah! That reminds me. Nick is coming over to hang out with me on Wednesday. You are welcome to come hang out with us," He smiles at his nephew. 

Angel smiles. 

" It's been so long since I last seen Nick. He nust gave gotten big already," He tells Larry. 

" I know he will be happy to see you," Larry ruffles Angel's dark hair with his right hand. " Let's go," He puts his right hand down as he turns around and walks towards the door. 

Angel looks at his surroundings one last time. He hears his name and smiles when he sees Larry telling him to hurry up. He walks out of the security guard's room and follows him out of the Museum through the back.