Ch. 4 Open the Manual

Angel akwardly smiles at Cecil. 

" I should get going. It was nice meeting you, Mr. Frederick," He nervously laughs as he walks past Cecil and out of the Egyptian Exhibition. 

Cecil turns around and watches Angel leave with a friendly smile. Once Angel was out of his eyesight, his friendly expression changes into a serious one. He didn't know why but he doesn't trust Angel around the Egyptian Exhibition. 

Angel runs through the hallway and blinks when he hears his name. He looks straight seeing Larry and Rebecca heading towards his direction. 

" Uncle Larry! Ms. Hutman!" Angel shouts as he runs towards them. 

Larry and Rebecca stopped walking seeing Angel running towards them. Both adults sighed in relief when they look at Angel because they were worried when they didn't see him walking behind them once the tour ended. 

" Angel! Where were you?" Larry scolds Angel as a father would to their child. " You made Rebecca and me worried," He tells him. 

Angel wears an apologetic expression. 

" I'm sorry. I was at the Egyptian Exhibition, and I met this old man name Cecil Frederick," He tells Larry. 

Rebecca smiles when Angel mentions Cecil's name. 

" Ah! You finally met Cecil," She happily tells Angel. 

Larry turns to look at Rebecca. 

" Who is Cecil?" He asked. 

Rebecca turns to look at Larry. 

" Cecil is one of the retired night-shift security guards," She tells Larry. " You two were supposed to meet him and the other two at night before the night-shift starts," She looks at Larry and Angel. 

Angel couldn't believe that the old man he met at the Egyptian Exhibition was a night-shift security guard. He lightly bites his lips feeling nervous because he can't help but think that Cecil doesn't like him. 

Morning turns into night. 

The Museum closed at 5:45 PM.  

Angel and Larry reenter the Museum through the front. They were both wearing the night-shift security guard uniforms. They were told to meet Cecil, and the two retired night-shift security guards at 6:00 PM. 

It's finally 6 PM, and Angel patiently waits for Cecil, and the two retired night-shift security guards to arrive. He hears the door opening and closing which caused him to turn around and see Cecil, a tall African American old man, and a short old man. 

" Hello, Angelo," Cecil greets Angel with a friendly smile while the two elderly men standing behind him carefully eyed Angel. 

" Hello. Mr. Fredrick," Angel politely greets Cecil. 

Larry stands next to Angel while curiously stare at Cecil and the two old men standing behind him. 

Cecil turns to look at Larry. 

" You must be Larry Daley," He smiles at Larry. " My name is Cecil Fredrick, and the two gentlemen standing behind me are Gus and Reginald," He introduced his friends to Angel and Larry. 

" Nice meeting you," Larry nods his head. " I want to let you know that we won't let you down," He tells them. 

Cecil smiles at Larry. 

" I know you two won't fail us. Before we go, here are the keys to the Museum," He held the keys to Larry with his left hand.

 Before we go, here are the keys to the Museum," He held the keys to Larry with his left hand

Larry carefully takes the keys from Cecil. 

" Gus. Can you give Angelo the Manual," Cecil turns to the short old man. 

Gus pulls out a manual from behind him as he walks up to Angel. He looks up at Angel with a stern expression. 

" Guard this manual with your life," He tells Angel. 

Angel nods his head as he takes the manual from Gus' grasp. 

" Well. It's going to be 6:30 PM soon. My friends and I should get going. We will see you two in the morning," Cecil closed his eyes and smiles at them. 

Larry smiles at Cecil while Angel akwardly smiles at Cecil, Gus, and Reginald. The uncle and nephew duo watched the three old men leave the Museum because they have a bingo night to attend too. 

" Angel. Open the Manual. Tell me what it says?" Larry asked as he locks the Museum's front door. 

Angel opens the Manual and looks down at it. 

" It says throw the bone," He tells Larry. 

Larry turns around and looks at Angel with a confused expression. 

" What do you think they meant by that?" He asked Angel with a raised eyebrow. 

Angel turns to look at the T-Rex skeleton. 

' Cecil said that it's going to be 6: 30 PM soon,' He thought as he looks down at the clock which is on the wall. ' It's 6: 26 PM,' He tells himself. ' I wonder what Cecil, Gus, and Reginald are planning,' He lightly bites his lips. 

A loud ringing sound grabbed Angel and Larry's attention. They turned to look at the clock and sees that it's 6: 30 PM. What they don't know is that the Tablet of Akhmenrah glowed a golden color which brought the exhibits to life.