Chapter 2

Sakura's POV

        I woke up still in Itachi's embrace. The sun was just rising over the horizon. I tried to move but Itachi just tightened his grip around me. His head was tucked up against the curve of my neck and shoulder, so I couldn't move my head to look around.

        I felt Itachi stir and let out a deep breath. He loosened his grip on me slightly and I felt him lift his head up. I then turned my head and looked at him. We made eye contact for a brief second before he looked away and slid his hands off my waste.

        "Sorry about that." He said with a sheepish smile. I roled onto my back and looked over at him.

        "Its fine, don't worry about it." I said with a small smile. He nodded and got up and walked into the bathroom. I layed there for a few minutes before getting up and looking through my bag. While I was looking through it, Itachi came out.

        "If you'd like, you can take a shower." He said coming up behind me wearing his usual Akatsuki cloke. I nodded and got up with my things and went to the bathroom. But before I could get there, Itachi spoke up again. "Here, your going to need to where this from now on." He said while handing me an akatsuki cloak. I nodded and took it from him.

           I took a quick shower, got dressed, brushed my teeth, and brushed my hair. I was about to put my headband on when I remembered I'm no longer living at the Leaf Village. I sighed and placed it onto the sink. I took one last look into the mirror and walked out.

        I noticed Itachi wasn't in the room anymore so I walked over to the door and opened it slowly. Sasuke was standing right there. I gasped and froze.

        "Our leader will speak with you now. Let's go." He said while beginning to walk away. I closed the door behind me and followed him. We did not speak or even look at each other the whole time. We stopped in front of a door. Sasuke knocked on it 3 times.

         "Enter." Said a deep voice on the other side. Sasuke opened the door and I walked in first. Sasuke closed the door behind me. I'm guessing he was waiting in the hall.

        "Ah Sakura. It's a pleasure to finally make you're acquaintance." Said the leader. I just nodded in responce. "I am Pein, the leader of Akatsuki." He said extending a hand. I slowly reached out and shook it.

         "It's nice to meet you." I mumbled. We sat there in an awkward silence for a good few moments before Pein spoke up.
          "I have decided to partner you up with Sasuke. You're first mission is today." He said. I looked at him, stunned. But I knew this wasn't the kind of guy I wanted to back talk. I simply nodded my head, and exited his office.I was greeted by a sour looking Sasuke.

          "Let's go." He said before walking away. I sighed and followed silently behind him.

*time skip; 2 hours*

          "You still haven't told me our mission yet." I said, walking on the right of Sasuke. I kept a good distance between us.

           "Where picking some herbs." He said, not even looking at me. I just nodded my head and we continued on our way.

*yet another time skip*

            We eventually found the herbs we were looking for and were on our way back to the hideout. But there was yelling off in the distance. It sounded like Leaf Village Anbu.

            "Be prepared to fight." Sasuke said right before we were greeted by none other than the Anbu from the Leaf Village.