Chapter 10

"What do you want?" I asked immediately as I stepped into the hall with him. He didn't answer. I crossed my arms. "If you aren't going to answer me I'm just going to leave." I said. That caught his attention. He sighed in defeat.

"I... I'm... sorry. For everything..." He mumbled. My eyes widened. There's no way the Sasuke Uchiha apologized to me.

"Don't look at me like that." He mumbled as he looked away. I shook my head, gripping reality.

"Okay." Is how I chose to respond. He looked down at me when I said that.

"Do you forgive me?" He asked. I shook my head.

"It's going to take more than an apology to fix everything that you have done, Sasuke." I said, my voice shook slightly as I spoke his name.

"What can I do then?" He asked right away.

"Why now of all times are you choosing to apologize to me? Your planning something, aren't you?" I asked while cocking my head.

"No it isn't anything like that. I just..." He stopped mid sentence. "I just don't want to fight with you every time I see you. It's annoying." He explained. I snorted.

"It's annoying, or I'm annoying, Sasuke?" I asked.

"I'm different now." He said.

"You sure have a funny way of showing that." I mumbled. Sasuke sighed heavily.

"Just give me a chance to make this better." He asked. I shrugged. "Well I'm going to try anyway." He said.

"Well, well, what's going on here?" A voice said. I knew that voice all too well. I looked over to see Sasori leaning against a wall.

"Nothing." I answered quickly. "We're done now." I said as I turned to leave.

"Wait! Sakura, may I have word with you?" Sasori asked. I turned and looked at him.

"Fine, but make it quick, I'm tired." I said as I walked away with him. We walked all the way around the corner of the hall and stopped.

"Be careful of Sasuke." He said right away. I looked at him, confusion written all over my face. "He probably just told you a bunch of things like 'I sorry' and 'let me make it up to you' and 'I'm different,' right?" He asked. I stared at him. How did he know all of this.

"How...?" Is all I was able to manage.

"Because Sasuke pulled that on the last girl that was here. Her name was Karen and he was a major jerk to her from the start, even when they were in Taka. But all he did was use her and throw her away and that is what he is planning to do with you." He explained.

"I should have known from the start. I can't believe part of me actually believed him." I said as I shook my head.

"It isn't your fault. Sasuke can play the part quite well. I just wanted to tell you before it got out of hand." He said.

"Thanks... I really appreciate it." I said as I looked at him. He smiled down at me.

"No need. Now get some rest. You look exhausted." Sasori said as he patted my head.

"You too. Good night Sasori." I said I disappeared back down the hall. Of course Sasuke was still standing there. I can never get a break.

"What did he want?" Sasuke asked bitterly as I walked past him.

"None of your business." I hissed. I was about to close my door when I noticed Sasuke was staring at me with a weird expression.

"And I almost believed you." I said as I went to slam my door, but It was stopped by Sasuke slamming his hand onto it.

"Whatever he said to you was a lie." He said.

"So he lied about how you played some girl who was here and just used her and threw her away like she was nothing." Sasuke was silent.

"She was really annoying." He mumbled.

"According to you, so am I. Now get the hell away from me." I said bitterly. Sasuke took one last look at me and removed his hand from my door.

"Thought you were smarter than that." He mumbled. I slammed my door shut, shaking my whole room. I leaned my back up against the door and huffed. As I started pulling away from the door there was a knock on it.

"Go the hell away Sasuke!" I yelled.

"It's me, Itachi." The voice said on the other side. I felt immediate guilt for yelling like that. I opened the door, trying my hardest not to make eye contact with him.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Just me being as naïve as always." I mumbled. Itachi seemed confused. "I almost believed what Sasuke was telling about how he was sorry and crap. All it was, was nonsense." I said.

"And how did you figure that out?" He asked.

"Sasori talked me." I said. Itachi nodded.

"I see." Is all he said. Something about his tone was off.

"I really need to get to bed. We can talk more about this tomorrow if you'd like." I said.

"Alright. Sorry for keeping you. Good night."

"It's alright. Good night Itachi." I closed my door and made my way to my bed. I collapsed onto it and let out an enormous sigh. I waited and waited for sleep to take over, but it never did.