Chapter 12

Sakura's POV

I watched as the wind blew through the tree tops. Making them move erratically. It was a beautiful day out. It wasn't until now I realized I was smiling. It felt good to actually be able to smile genuinely.

  "And what are you doing out here?" A deep voice came from behind me. I jumped at the sudden sound. I turned around to see Pein.

"Just taking a breather and enjoying the nice weather." I said nonchalant.

"I see." He said as he paused a moment to gaze around. "The reason I came to find you is that I am sending you in a mission with Sasuke. You leave in about an hour. Sasuke will fill you in on the details." He said as he turned on his heal and went back into the hideout. I took one last glance at the outside world and went back in as well. Might as well go find Sasuke to get the details.

 I approached his door with caution. I stood up to it and raised a fist. I hesitated though. As soon as my hand was about to come in contact with the door, it flew open, revealing Sasuke.

"Oh it's you." He said as he opened his door all the way and retreated back to his bed. "Are you going to come in or do you plan to stay there all day?" He asked. I blushed immensely as I stepped inside. "Close the door." I did as he said. "Don't just stand there. Come sit down." He said as he patted the seat next to him on his bed. I hesitantly made my way over to him and plopped down.

"Would you mind telling me about the mission?" I asked.

"We need to go to the sand village to collect a few items at Pein's request." He said. I nodded.

"Well I'm ready whenever you are." I said. Sasuke looked up at me with a peculiar glare in his eyes.

"Why are you so happy to be going?" Sasuke asked as he eyed me up.

"I'm just glad to be getting out of this hideout." I admitted.

"Yeah. It does get a bit boring being here for long periods of time." He admitted himself. "But we don't have to leave for an hour. But we can go now if you'd like. A head start is always fine with me." He said.

"Alright, as long as you don't mind." I said as I stood up and walked out of his room and into mine. I grabbed my bag off of my dresser and went back into his room. Sasuke was just putting his on as I walked back in.

"All ready?" He asked.

"Yes. Let's go." I said as we left his room and entered the living room.

"Going already?" Pein asked with an eyebrow raised. We nodded in unison. Itachi gave me a questioning look, while Sasori gave me a worried one. We were just going on a mission, and I am still pretty mad at him. But that anger runs deep and I will probably feel it for the rest of my life.

"Have fun." Hidan said with a grin. Sasuke glared at him as he walked by, I on the other hand gave him a disgusted look as I walked by.

 We made our departure from the hideout and were now navigating our way to the Sand Village. And awkward silence lingered between us. I could also feel some sudden tension rise up from Sasuke. I was about to ask him what it was, when he suddenly stopped and turned to me.

"You still haven't answered my question, Sakura." He said. And I thought he forgot about this. Just play stupid maybe he will forget about it and think I'm just annoying or something.

"And what question would that be?" I responded, trying to make it seem like I was oblivious to what he was speaking to me about.

"Don't play stupid with me, Sakura." He said in a husky voice as he walked over to me. A grin danced on his lips. My clueless expression faded and was soon replaced by a stern one. My breathing picked up slightly, but he noticed it. Of course he noticed it.

"I... I still don't know..." I broke eye contact with him. Sasuke continued to walk closer to me until I could feel his breaths on my face.

"Why is it so hard for you to admit it?"

"Oh I don't know could it be the fact that you completely ignored me and my love for you when we were younger? Then you left me. You left me broken hearted and alone. You have no idea how bad that hurt." My voice quivered.

"I know. And I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry I hurt you so much."

I could hear sincerity in his voice. My barriers broke completely. Sasuke is my one and only weakness. I sucked in a small breath and spoke the words I never expected to say.

"I forgive you."