Chapter 13

Sakura's POV

He stared into my eyes with an expression that showed disbelief and relief, all at once. He appeared to be at loss at words. I can't blame him, because as am I. I don't know what made me forgive him, but something inside me was telling me that it was the right thing to do. Damn you, conscience,

"Do you mean it?" He managed to say.

"Yes. I would never say that if I didn't mean it."

Joy took over his expression as he pulled me into him. I've never seen Sasuke look so happy before. It warmed my heart. We parted just enough to look at each other.

"Say you love me."

"I love you, Sasuke Uchiha."

He left a loving kiss on my lips. It wasn't very long, but it was enough to show emotion in it.

"Now say you love me." A playful grin danced upon my lips. Sasuke groaned.

"I think it's quite clear how I feel."

"Say it anyway. I want to here it."

"Do I have to?" He whined.

"Yes." I demanded.

"Fine," he let out a sigh of defeat, " I love you, Sakura Haruno."

"Music to my ears." I said as I gave him another quick kiss. He grinned at me as he leaned down and kissed me yet again. But this one wasn't quick like the previous ones. Our lips moved in sync together.

His hands dropped down to my waste, causing me jump of shock. Sasuke decided to take that as an opportunity to sneak his tongue into my mouth. My eyes shot open wide as he explored my mouth. My heart began pounding as he started dropping his hands lower and lower on my body. I couldn't take this anymore. It was just too much. We haven't even stated we were a thing yet. I broke the kiss and took a step back from him. He frowned deeply.

"What's wrong?"

"This is just too much, Sasuke. We haven't even said we were a thing yet. I wasn't prepared for this yet."

Sasuke's frown stayed. He let out a very deep sigh. I'm not sure if it was out of annoyance or defeat.

"Sakura will you be my girlfriend?" No sooner the words left his mouth that I was nodding like crazy. "Good" he said as he tried to kiss me again.

"Now don't be thinking that just because we are dating now means you are going to get lucky right off the bat. I want to wait until I am ready." I said, bracing myself for whatever backlash he was going to give me.

"Fine. I don't want to force you into doing something you don't want to do. But you better not make me wait forever."

"I make no promises. Now time to get back to the mission." I said as I started marching off. I heard Sasuke chuckle from behind me as he caught up to me.

We made our way back to the hideout with all of the items Pein requested. I was prepared for Sasuke to act like we weren't a thing. But instead he did the complete opposite. He put his arm protectively over my shoulder and pulled me as close to him as possible as we strode through the living room to deliver the items to Pein. Sasuke handed them to him and they began a conversation I lost track of. Someone nudged my side. I looked over and say Sasori.

"Don't say I didn't warn you. But when he does fuck up, you know where to find me." He whispered quiet enough for only the two of us to hear. For some odd reason I wasn't upset by him saying that. I just nodded. I looked up and saw Itachi wearing a somewhat hurt expression. I felt back. I will definitely need to talk to him later and explain everything. But for now, I need to rest.

I was back in my room, lying down on the bed. Not even five minutes after I had arrived here, there was a knock on my door, I knew just who it was.

"Come in, Itachi." I spoke not too loud so Sasuke wouldn't hear. The door opened to reveal that I was right. Itachi stepped in, looking at me with a worried expression.

"You need to come see this." He whispered. I don't know why, but my stomach started doing flips. It's like I knew somehow that Sasuke had already messed everything up.