Chapter 11

Sakura's POV

I squinted my eyes as the sun was saying its greetings in my window. I'm not even sure if I slept at all last night. My mind was all over the place. I might have blanked out but I can't be sure. I knock on my door caught me off guard. I jumped slightly.

"Coming." I mumbled as I heaved myself up off of my bed and stumbled to the door. I unlocked it a took a peek out. It was Sasori.

"Well your up early. Wasn't expecting you to answer." He said with a small smile. I think I spaced out again because when I looked back at Sasori he had a strange look on his face.

"Oh, sorry. Please, come in." I said as I opened my door and stepped aside. He strode right in and sat down on my bed. I closed the door and locked it. I turned around to see Sasori grinning. I cocked my head at him.

"Why are you grinning like that." I asked suspiciously.

"Oh, no reason." He responded. I nodded as I walked over and took a seat next to him.

"So what did you want?" I asked curiously.

"Just to talk, really." He admitted. I nodded at him. A silence fell between the two of us. But it wasn't awkward. It was a rather calm silence. "Did you sleep well?" He asked as he turned to look at me.

"I've had better nights." I admitted.

"It was because of Sasuke, wasn't it?" He looked me dead straight in the eye.

"Just everything really. I've had a lot on my mind." I said as I tore my gaze from him to the floor.

"If you want-"

He was cut off by a knock on the door. I glanced at him as I stood up and slowly walked over to the door. I unlocked it and cracked it open. Just my luck.

"I need to talk to you." Sasuke stated.

"I'm busy." I said coldly. Sasuke was about to respond but Sasori cut him off.

"Sakura, who is it?" Sasori said from my bed. Sasuke then forced the door open and stepped in side. He glared menacingly at Sasori.

"What's he doing here?" He hissed at me.

"Why does it matter to you?" I said bitterly. Sasuke shot me a glare, then looked back at Sasori.

"Get out." He demanded. But Sasori didn't move. Instead, a playful smile found its way onto his lips. "I said get out." He said again, causing Sasori to laugh. I could feel the anger start radiating off of him. If this continued any longer, Sasuke was going snap. And that meant I wouldn't have a bedroom anymore. I noticed Sasuke had his sharingan activated. I needed to act fast if I didn't want this to go any further.

"Sasori, please just go. We can finish our conversation later. I promise." I said to him. He seemed to have understood because he didn't put up a fight. He nodded as he stood up and left the room.

Sasuke was still breathing heavily, and his posture didn't change. I could still feel the anger radiating off of him. I hesitantly walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. His head snapped in my direction. He released a bit of the tension from his body, but not much.

"You need to calm down. He's gone now. There's no need for you to still be so tense and angry." I said calmly to him. He glared at me and looked down at the floor. Slowly, he started to calm down. He heaved a big sigh, meaning he is fine now. I slid my hand off of his should, but he turned and grabbed it before I could place it back at my side. He stared at me as he gripped my hand.

"I have to go." He said as he released my wrist and turned to leave.

"Sasuke wait!" He ignored my pleads. But he stopped as soon as he noticed Itachi leaning against the door frame. It was the first time I had noticed him too. Neither of them said a word to each other as Sasuke exited my room and entered his own. Itachi walked in, closing the door behind him.

"Sasori sent me here." He stated as he walked over to me. I furrowed my brow at him.

"Why?" I asked as I sat down on my bed.

"He said that Sasuke was in your room and was very angry." Itachi said as he took a seat to the left of me. We both remained silent, neither of us knowing what to say. "How did you do it?" He blurted out. I cocked my head.

"Do what, exactly?" I shifted my body so I could look at him.

"Calm Sasuke down. Not even I have the ability to do that. As you should know, when Sasuke gets angry it's usually impossible to stop him." He explained. I nodded. Now that he said it, I was surprised to know he actually did calm down. I would have expected him to attack Sasori and ignore everything I said. But he didn't.

"That's usually what I did to Naruto when he would get angry." I said, sadness finding its way onto my face. I looked over at Itachi and saw he was deep in thought.

"Itachi?" I didn't get a response. "Itachi?" I said again, this time touching his shoulder." He snapped his head in my direction, then looked down again.

"I'm sorry. I just got lost in thought." He explained.

"Anything you'd like to talk about?" I asked. He chuckled.

  "I was just thinking about how Sasuke always seems to find a way to surprise me." He said as he stood up. "I must be going now. See you later Sakura." And with that, he left. I sat and thought about what Itachi had meant. In what way did Sasuke surprise Itachi. I wished he stayed long enough for me to ask. I got up from my bed and went to my door. I peered out into the hall as I creped out. I disappeared down the hall. I found myself at the front entrance of the hideout. This place sure was easy to get lost in. I walked out the front of it and breathed in the cool spring air. I wonder what Sasuke's problem is. He said he needed to talk to me, but then he just leaves without a word of what it was? I'll never be able to understand Sasuke Uchiha.