Chapter 12-Dare

"My dad was right. I am a freak. And I'm leaving," Andrew mumbled. He began to hover off the ground. (Y/n)'s head shot up to the hurt he spoke in his sentence. "Don't you dare!" she yelled. She looked at Matt, then around to see no one she's was looking their direction. "Andrew!" Matt shouted. Andrew didn't look down at the two he left below. He crossed his arms and looked away, but kept the camera focused on them instead. (Y/n) looked down again. She sighed and placed her hands to her face.

Matt said nothing for he knew that Andrew was to blame for Steve's death. He then placed a hand on her shoulder, but she vanished before he could speak to her. "Andrew, why can't you just accept what you have done," Matt mumbled.

(Y/n) appeared in the woods. She appeared in the same spot where she watched the boys go into that hole. She leaned her head against the tree bark and began to cry. Her fingers ran through her hair as she tugged strands towards her face. "If you are a freak, then I am too! I'm a murderer too!" (Y/n) yelled.

She sobbed into her hands, snot running down her left nostril, and her cheeks began to get sticky from her tears. "A-Andrew," she whimpered. "Just be yourself again. Please." Once (Y/n) placed her forehead on her knees, she continued to cry in silence.

Matt drove home in just as much silence. He bit his lip thinking about the past, when they didn't have these abilities. As for Andrew, the misunderstood boy tossed his father against a shelf. "I am stronger than you!" he yelled. Andrew got beat once trying to sneak in. His mother was in worse condition and he wanted to do something to make it better.

"I dare you to try to touch me again. I dare you to try to touch mom again! I will kill you!" Andrew yelled. He clenched his fist and stormed up the stairs. Once out of the basement with the black bag he wanted, he immediately went onto the front porch.

The sun began to to set. (Y/n) was still in the woods. Her face was red from crying for so long. As she drew in the dirt with a stick, (Y/n) whimpered with a sigh. "I can't let you think that about yourself, Andrew." She then vanished.

Andrew began walking towards the nearest convenience store. Night has finally set and he was ready. The old, fireman suit he stole from his dad hid his body, along with the helmet and face shield that covered his face.

Robbing was the only way. He needed the money for his mother. He needed the money to start his future with the girl he loved. Once all the cash was into the bag, he ran out of the store.

"Matt. Have you seen him?" (Y/n) asked. She was standing on the porch of Matt's house. He shook his head and crossed his arms. "No. I haven't," he sighed. (Y/n) bit her lip to hold back tears. "He wasn't at home eith-."

Matt and (Y/n) turned their heads. There was more than three police sirens echoing from downtown. "Andrew," (Y/n) said. "Wait!" Matt yelled. It was too late to grab her. (Y/n) vanished after taking one step towards the steps.

As the sirens echoed louder, Matt rushed inside and grabbed his keys. He and (Y/n) were both hoping that Andrew wasn't the reason.