Chapter 4-Hide Out

Matt tossed his keys on the counter of the kitchen once stepping inside his home. (Y/n) and Andrew followed him inside as well. "Um. I'll try to find something if you to change into," Matt whispered as he made his way into the laundry room.

Andrew took off his jacket, it was more dry than soaked or damped. "Why don't you take your jacket off?" Andrew asked quietly. (Y/n) swallowed. She looked down with parted lips as she crossed her arms tighter. "I. I just. I don't want to," she breathed.

Andrew looked down as he rubbed the back of his head. (Y/n) then glanced up only to see all the bruises that covered his arms from the wrist up to where the sleeve of his shirt ended. "Um, here." Matt said once stepping out of the laundry room. "I don't have girls over so," he trailed off.

(Y/n) stared at the shirt that didn't look comfortable. In fact, it looked more like an apron than a blouse of any kind. "I'll just wear this," she smiled. She then gasped. "My backpack!" Before Andrew or Matt could react, (Y/n) was gone in a snap.

"Really, Matt? I'm the one bad when it comes to girls?" Andrew chuckled towards the top Matt was still holding. "Like you have anything better!" Matt yelled while walking back into the laundry room.

(Y/n) slide open the patio door once arriving on the porch of Matt's house. She seen that Andrew and Matt where no where in sight. "The bathroom is that way," Andrew mumbled. (Y/n) jolted, then looked at the boy that was in the hallway. She smiled, then walked past him.

Matt was lying in his bed. He had a floor mat laid out for Andrew beside his bed, while another was in front of the bed. "Is she back?" Matt asked once sitting on the floor, in front of the bed. Andrew gave a nod when leaning in the doorway of his cousin's bedroom. "Yeah. Why are you on the floor?" he asked.

Matt then smirked. He laid back with an arm casted over his eyes. "Because I'm good with girls. She gets the bed." "Ew," Andrew grinned. Matt lifted up his head, then threw a pillow at Andre with blushing cheeks. "Don't even think like that!"

(Y/n) sighed after slipping on a pair off black, wind pants that had (f/c) trimming up the sides. She then pulled off her shirt but kept her back to the mirror. She didn't want to see what she looked like without her jacket. She didn't want to stare into her own eyes because she knew she would break down crying.

The bathroom was always (Y/n)'s hideout. When at home, she would either lock herself in there or in the pantry. Of course, she would have loved to teleport out of that hell-hole any chance she could get, but she couldn't went a device around her neck that kept her from doing so.

Once she slipped on a white, long sleeve that had the words 'Day Sleeper; Night Dreamer' written in (f/c) cursive on the front of it, she stepped out of the bathroom.

Andrew was still leaning against the doorway, he then stood up straight and smiled. "Um, in here." "With us!" Matt yelled. (Y/n) blushed, there was no denying it. Once she stepped into the room, Andrew lied on the mat beside the bed. "I know how to treat a lady," Matt mumbled. He was laying on his stomach with his shirt off, with his face pressed into the spare pillow that was on the couch.

"Thank you," (Y/n) mumbled. She teleported into the bed, which surprised Andrew to the point of him smiling. Once she tucked herself in and rolled onto her side, she shut her eyes and hoped she'd wake up in the same spot the next day.

As for Andrew, who remained awake after twenty minutes, he used his telekinesis to move the camera up in the air. He smiled towards it, then flew it over (Y/n) after sitting up and peeking at her. He looked down at his arms, then looked back to see (Y/n) not in bed.

The camera dropped into his lap and he immediately shut it off. He looked at Matt, then crawled out of the room. He slowly walked around the dark house, in hope that (Y/n) was still around. She was. (Y/n) was sitting on the back porch, staring up at the moon before she turned her head towards Andrew.

He slowly closed the patio door after opening it, then sat on the step with a blanket in his hand, in which he handed to her. "Couldn't sleep either huh?" He mumbled. (Y/n) smiled and shook her head. She also took the blanket and wrapped it around her after mouthing her thanks. "Sadly, no."

Andrew sighed. He looked up at the moon, then at (Y/n)'s face, which was lit up by the bright light. "Why can't you tell us about yourself?" Andrew asked in a low mumble. "D-do you not trust us?"

(Y/n) said nothing. She hugged her knees softly, then looked at Andrew with watery eyes. "Why? Why do you want to know so much about me? Why do you think that I'm just as misunderstood as you feel?" she whispered. Andrew looked down, then towards the baseball that was still lying on the ground before he lifted it up with his ability. "Because you are."

(Y/n) looked at him. She then looked down and bit her lip to keep herself from crying. "Andrew. I am a mistake. It wasn't a gift. It wasn't an accident. I was made this way," (Y/n) said with a shaky voice. "I didn't get to have a childhood. I didn't get to have loving parents. I didn't get to live the life I dream of to this day. Is that what makes me misunderstood?"

Tears leaked from her eyes and down her cheeks once she closed them. She hugged herself with the blanket more after grabbing it's sides. Andrew said nothing. He stared at the ball he was gently bouncing in the air as if a ghost was playing catch alone. "I feel the sane way, you know? If I didn't have these powers, I would feel like a waste of space still."

Andrew looked at (Y/n), then looked at his arms, which he stretched out in front of her. "My dad tells me that everyday. He shows me that too. So do people at school," he whispered. (Y/n)'s lips remained parted as her eyes remained to drip tears. Andrew then grabbed them hem of her sleeve and pulled them up to her elbow. (Y/n) had the same markings, and it made her sniffle more. "But that's not true for us," he whispered.

Andrew and (Y/n)'s eyes locked together. Both of their eyes were watery as their lips were parted and frowned. (Y/n) broke the gaze. She then looked up at the moon and gave a soft smile. "You're something else, Andrew," she whispered. "And I thought you were a jerk that drags people across the ground," she added.

Andrew blushed out of embarrassment, then faintly chuckled. "I'm sorry," he mumbled. (Y/n) looked at him, then at her black socks. "Andrew," she mumbled. Andrew looked at her, he even scooted closer as well. He watched a strand of her (h/c) hair gently be pushed back by the wind, which made him blush with widened eyes. "Do you think stopping someone that's evil in a way of murder is a bad thing?"

Andrew looked away when (Y/n) looked at him. She was still crying with her lips shaking, in which he couldn't stop staring at no. "N-no," he breathed. Andrew looked up from her lips, then into her eyes. "Okay," she softly smiled. (Y/n) then stood up with the blanket around her. Andrew did as well, but after signing towards his white socks.

He then gasped and tensed. (Y/n)'s arms were latched around his sides and she pulled him into a tight hug. Andrew slowly placed his arms around her, but she pulled back with a smile and a soft sniffle. "Thank you," she mumbled. Andrew smiled, then hugged her again. "Thank you too," he said as he rubbed her back.

Andrew led (Y/n) back into the room. Once she was in bed, he laid back on the floor and stared up at her. Her hand was hanging off the bed, on his side too. He hesitated at first, but he gently held it. (Y/n) smiled towards this, and she kept her blushing cheeks hidden underneath the cover as well.