Chapter 1-The Watcher

A pebble bounced off a tree after it was thrown forcefully out of anger and sadness. A loud yell then sent birds flying from the pine tree branches above. A body then shifted to the nearest tree, in which that person leaned on before sliding down.

"Freak. Monster. Demon. Witch. Experiment gone wrong. Murderer," she whispered to herself. "What am I?"

(Y/n) (L/n), a teenager on the run that no one knew she was on. She propped up her knees and placed her forehead on her caps, then hugged her shins with faint cries.

It was dark out, around ten if estimated. After a mental break down at home, (Y/n) decided to go on a long walk to ease her mind, even though she knew she wouldn't be returning anytime soon. This explained why she had an old, black backpack beside her. That bag was full of clothes, snacks and water, and personal belongings such as pictures and journals.

No one would notice that she was gone. No one knew that she existed in fact, so she didn't have to worry about hiding from or being found by law enforcement.

As she sighed and leaned her head back against the rough bark of the pine tree, she wiped her cheeks with the sleeves of her maroon, zip up jacket. "I hate myself," she whispered. "I hate what I am," she added with a sniffle.

As she scratched her head against the bark, ran her fingers through her (h/l), (h/c) hair, she immediately froze with a gasp. There were voices echoing from beyond where she was sitting. They all sounded male too, and once seemed to be yelling as if he was in danger.

Of course, (Y/n) remained quiet. She slowly bent forward onto her feet and off her rear, then began to gently walk towards the opening of the shrub she was hiding behind. Once she poked her head out, after slipping on her hood, she looked down the hill to see three boys, who all looked around her age, maybe younger or older.

(Y/n) became the watcher of them. Those boys were peeking into a large hole in the ground. One had a camera and zoomed the lens deeper into it as they other two shoved their heads inside.

"Ah," (Y/n) gasped. She placed both palms to her ears and fell backwards on her rear after a loud ringing echoed from the whole in the ground.

"Dude! Tell me you got that on camera!" the dark toned male shouted. (Y/n) sat back on her knees and kept herself out of the moon's light that was shining down in the area. "No! Matt! I want to go home! You are my only way home!" the boy with the camera yelled. (Y/n) quickly ducked away when the tip of her shoes, which were black and white converse, tapped a rock and sent it rolling down the hill.

The camera quickly shifted her direction, then at the rock until it panned towards the hole. (Y/n) did and said nothing as the three boys jumped down. It was best for her not to follow, or to get questioned why she was also out here.

Within that ten minutes the boys were down in the hole, a ringing noise sent (Y/n) falling back into her knees when she stood up to grab her bag. "That hurts!" (Y/n) yelled. The ringing stopped, then the sound of rattle filled her ears. The ground below was beginning to shake.

(Y/n) stood up, then looked down the hill, she knew she couldn't leave them down there. Once step off the ledge of the cliff she stood on, (Y/n) flickered to the bottom of the hill. She then jogged the rest of the way towards the hole, nearly tripping within each step due to the shaking ground.

"You have to get out of there!" (Y/n) yelled. She dropped her hands that created a circle around her mouth so that her voice seemed louder. When no one answered, (Y/n) took that as sign and caused herself to glitch down into the hole. One by one she got the boys out and moved them to the spot she thought was safe, which was where she once was hiding at. Although, it was next to the highway, but not too close where someone would spot them.

The watcher became a hero, because the ground then collapsed once they were a distance away. (Y/n) also saved the camera. She walk holding it on her shoulder and pointing towards her feet, then pointed towards the boys, even though she knew it was still on and recording.

"You're welcome," (Y/n) mumbled. She placed the camera next to the tree she was sitting by. It was pointing towards the boys, in which she examined, even if she was in the camera frame, her face was covered.

The tall, dark male looked unconscious and his ear had a droplet of blood leaking from it. The boy with the dark hoodie and camera didn't have the same problem, expect it was his nose that was bleeding. The tallest boy was smiling, as if he passed out while laughing, also had bloody ears.

(Y/n) didn't look back at the camera, instead she adjusted her hood more over her head and grabbed her backpack before walking off. "I'm not a monster," she said loudly.

Once out of the frame, (Y/n) was gone without a trace of her even leaving the site.