Chapter 2-Freedom

(Y/n) eyes awoke to the sound of a car horn. She sat up only to see a man half out of his black truck. "Get out of the road! Dumbass!" (Y/n) said nothing and scooted herself onto the sidewalk without standing up.

The car then sped past her, leaving her confused on where she was. It was another issue (Y/n) faced. She'd fall asleep in one spot, then flicker to another without any sense. "This is why I was a mistake," (Y/n) mumbled.

She stood up with her backpack straps latched around her shoulders. Her hood was off and her (h/c) hair was messy. She unzipped the jacket, which exposed her black, (favorite band) tank top. "Where the hell am I?" she wondered.

(Y/n) ended up in what looked like a neighborhood. There were nice houses in rows with fences surrounding all of the backyards. She walked across the road after looking both ways, there were people watering their lawns so she didn't want to risk exposure.

As she wondered around lost, the boys she saved were near by without her knowledge. The three were still together and in the back yard of either Steve's or Matt's house.

Steve was the name of the dark male. He was looked up to, has a big smile, and was smart and straightforward since he was running for class president of the high school he and the other two boys attended.

Steve lied on the bright, green grass while holding his cheek. The boys were also hiding from exposure for they discovered something inhuman about themselves the next day after the encounter with the giant hole in the ground.

"Alright, Matt's turn!" Steve yelled once sitting up. Matt was the tallest boy. He was quirky with brightly-colored lips and a charming smile and laugh. He was also the next male to fall into his side after a baseball smashed against his shoulder.

"Wasted!" Steve yelled. Matt smirked, then looked at Andrew, who was laughing towards and holding the camera towards his cousin. "You try then! Since it's so ease!"

With that being said, Steve took the camera and aimed it towards Andrew, who stood still with his sleeves arms at his sides. Andrew was the boy in the dark hoodie, also the camera man that almost spotted his secret saver. He was quiet, mysterious, and had a soft voice that you could still hear from miles away.

Once Matt chunked the ball, it froze in mid-air. Each of the boys gasped in shock and success to what they finally accomplished. The ball then dropped and Andrew's nose began to bleed again.

"No way! Dude! This is fucking awesome!" Steve yelled. Matt also smiled and cheered, then looked at Andrew, whose attention was somewhere else.

At first, Matt and Steve looked puzzled at one another, then looked past the fence gate, which was shorter that the rest of the boards. There was (Y/n). She was on the other side of the side walk and she witnessed them, but their appearance not powers.

Her eyes widened, she took multiple steps back, and then she ran down the block. "We have to stop her!" Matt yelled. Each of the boys panicked and ran out of the yard with fear stringing their hearts. They thought they were exposed, while (Y/n) thought she was exposed.

Finally, freedom. (Y/n) caught her breath while leaning against a tree. She was at the park that wasn't that far away. Thankfully, she only ran a minute of that escape. Andrew, Steve, and Matt finally stopped as all, but not to catch their breath or give up.

"We can't just grab her!" Steve loudly whispered. "You know how that would look?" Matt looked down, he bit his lip with a sigh. "She'll run if we try to talk to her," he breathed. The boys were crouched down behind a merry-go-around, which was behind the tree the mystery girl was leaning on.

Andrew looked around, there was no one in sight on this busy day. "Andrew!" Steve loudly whispered. "You are not the best at talking to girls!" Matted added in the same time.

Talking to the girl wasn't apart of the plan, once he stepped by the tree, snapping a twin in the process, (Y/n)'s (e/c) met his. She stood up and began to run, only to trip onto the ground and pulled back by her ankle, which was pointed towards the air. "Andrew!" Matt yelled. "What the hell man?!"

(Y/n) stared at the dry grass with widened eyes. No one was holding her. The boy, whose name was Andrew, didn't even touch her or move from where he was standing. Once her leg hit the ground, she slowly turned her head towards the boy.

He was pushed to the ground by Matt, the two wrestled as Steve slowly made his way around them and to her. "Please don't run. I'm so sorry about him. I'm Steve, don't be afraid, please." Steve bent down on his knees with his hand extended, as if he requested to help her up.

(Y/n) heavily swallowed, then looked at Andrew, whom was getting pinned down. "We didn't want him to do what he did. Please forgive us and him." "Honestly! We just wanted to talk to you!" Matt yelled while looking at her.

(Y/n) slowly nodded. She then sat up on her side and pulled off her hood. She brushed down her hair with her fingertips, then sighed towards the strands off dry grass that were poking through her jacket. "It's alright," she whispered.

Matt released Andrew, then went to go sit by Steve. Andrew leaned off the ground and stared at (Y/n) before looking away when their eyes met again. "I'm Matt, and that jerk over there is Andrew," he mumbled.

"I'm not a jerk," Andrew whispered. He then sat behind and between Matt and Steve. "(Y/n)," the girl whispered. "I'm sorry. Down at the hole, I didn't want each of to die. So I." "What? The hole?" Matt quickly mumbled.

As (Y/n) looked up from her shoes, each of the boys looked at one another. "Oh my," (Y/n) whispered. She covered her mouth and clamped her eyes shut. She exposed her own self. "You were there when we got these powers?" Steve asked.

Now (Y/n) had a confused look. She then looked directly at Andrew, who was looking down rather embarrassed. "I-I didn't. I didn't know that until he," she whispered. Steve and Matt then looked at Andrew, then covered their faces. "My gosh. This is all a mistake," Steve groaned.

"We thought you ran because you saw us use our abilities," Matt sighed. "I thought you were chasing me because I was the one who saved you all," (Y/n) whispered.

"Well, you fit right in," Steve chuckled. Matt smirked as well, which caused (Y/n) to smile. When she did, she looked at Andrew, who then smirked with blushing cheeks. "I guess that means we're all hanging out?" he mumbled as he played with a strand of dead grass.

Steve looked at (Y/n). "What do you say? Hang with the boys? You keep our secret and we'll keep whatever secrets you have." (Y/n) smiled. She then nodded with a shoulder shrug. "Fair enough."

There was no way (Y/n) could deny that offer. One, she had no where to go or to talk to. Two, she knew that she had questions to answer about last night. Three, she wasn't the only one with a supernatural ability, even though they seemed to received theirs on accident unlike her.