I am NOT [letting you go]

Start from the beginning

"How does the whole school know?" Mina asked frantically as soon as they'd both reached the entrance hall.

Jinwoo faced her and put his hands on her shoulders. "Calm down, princess... this school is full of gossiping idiots. Tomorrow, they'll have something else to talk about," he tried to comfort her.

"But the headmaster wants to see us..." Mina argued.

Jinwoo gave her a comforting hug. "It's going to be okay... maybe this is about something else," he said, while stroking her hair in order to soothe her.

~

It wasn't about something else.

The headmaster received them with a sour expression and motioned for them to sit down. He crossed his arms over his chest, glaring at Jinwoo. The two of them sat down across from him, awaiting his outburst.

"I have received a report from one of our prefects. She claims to have seen you doing... inappropriate things in the prefect's bathroom."

Jinwoo wasn't sure how someone could have walked in on them without them noticing. Granted, Jinwoo had been a tad bit busy, but he was 96% sure that nobody had been in the prefects' bathroom while he was in there with Mina.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" the headmaster questioned sternly.

Mina lowered her head. "We're really sorry..." she muttered.

"You're not setting the best example for your fellow students! That is why I have decided that the student council is no longer allowed to date one another, effective immediately!" the headmaster announced.

Jinwoo jumped off his seat before he could stop himself.

"That's ridiculous!" he exclaimed. Mina stood up as well, reaching for Jinwoo's hand to calm him down.

"Mina and I are adults, you can't–"

"You may be adults under the wizarding law, but as long as you're students here, you're following my rules! The prefects will be informed later. You're dismissed!"

Jinwoo opened his mouth to argue, but Mina squeezed his hand and dragged him along to the exit. The headmaster cleared his throat, raising his eyebrows at their intertwined hands.

"You can't force us to break up!" Mina said in an exasperated tone of voice.

The headmaster looked at her coldly. "Then you're expelled. I heard you want to get into wizard politics, Miss Myoui... that's going to be hard when you can't graduate," he said, leaning back in his armchair.

Jinwoo was about ready to slit the guy's throat.

"Don't you dare threaten her, you–"

"Jinwoo, please... let's just go," Mina interfered, her voice small. The Hufflepuff looked at his girlfriend; her eyes were glued to the floor – in shame or resignation, he didn't know. Most of his anger faded at the sight. He reluctantly let her pull her hand away.

They left the headmaster's office, not without Jinwoo shooting the guy one last glare, though.

Outside, Mina let out a quiet sob and Jinwoo didn't hesitate to hug her.

"This is all my fault!" she exclaimed, her voice muffled, due to her face being buried in her boyfriend's robes.

"No, that's not true..."

"Going to the bathroom was my idea..." she argued while pulling back to look up at him.

"Don't worry about it, princess. We're going to make this right..." Jinwoo told her, while gently wiping her tears away with his thumbs. "For now, we're going to have to pretend that we really broke up, though," he added.